Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Joao, Stagecoaches make for some real nice conversions. Send me your Silverdollar and I'll make you a nice stingy out of it! :D

Adding Silverbelly to my list of least favorite colors for a hat, with the exception of Open Roads and Westerns. Boooooring color. I couldn't find a thin ribbon in the color I wanted, so I chose a dark green mid-ribbon for a "Wanderer" look. It came out pretty nice. I'm just not thrilled with the Silverbelly color.

OR_Wanderer_02.jpg

OR_Wanderer_03.jpg

OR_Wanderer_04.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
David, bond, Those hats, I like. For Westerns and Open Roads Silverbelly works out really nice. One of my favorite hats is a Silverbelly Stagecoach. I just don't care for Silverbelly on a fedora.

miamibruno, thanks buddy. It's vintage, and it really hugs the hat. A fellow Lounger gave me a good deal of vintage ribbons some time back.

RJR, thanks buddy.

Last edited:
Joao, Stagecoaches make for some real nice conversions. Send me your Silverdollar and I'll make you a nice stingy out of it! :D

Adding Silverbelly to my list of least favorite colors for a hat, with the exception of Open Roads and Westerns. Boooooring color. I couldn't find a thin ribbon in the color I wanted, so I chose a dark green mid-ribbon for a "Wanderer" look. It came out pretty nice. I'm just not thrilled with the Silverbelly color.

OR_Wanderer_02.jpg

OR_Wanderer_03.jpg

OR_Wanderer_04.jpg
great shape, the color is not bad, for me i would flip the brim in the front ,

g.durand

One Too Many
this is a nice one, a good traveling hat for long walks, good brim

+1. Looks great, Scott.

TJ--Silverbelly, learn to love it! ;)
Really though, that's what makes this place so interesting. Each person has a different taste in hats. Nice looking mid-ribbon on that one.

David--a 25 is on my "find" list. It looks like you're getting settled in TX. I may be making a trip to Houston and thereabouts in the near future to see family.

Bushman--looking good in the Chatham.

Asmo--nice one.

It's straw or felt weather today here in Northern CA, with temperatures in the high 60s to mid 70s. We just returned from the local farmer's market where hats were in abundance. I saw more hats than ever before, from westerns, straws, straw westerns, fur and wool felts, and couple of nice wide-brim fedoras.

I broke out the 1930s Stetson No. 1 Quality.
IMG_5655_zpszt7mrlwo.jpg

IMG_5656_zpsvzpnmcnm.jpg

What a parade of fantastic toppers over the last few days! Standouts!

Since the sun was really great today, I broke out a Panama Bob / Art Fawcett Panama, re-worked with vintage ribbon...
IMG_6197.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
hRm--nice PB/VS, also nice to see you're having some Panama weather.

case--a coupla nice ones. I've been very close to pulling the trigger on a Silverbelly CD.

Out later this afternoon with the Optimo Milan.
IMG_5664_zpsrgh73qdo.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
No and no again. I like it as it is. If you want to make me a stingy, find a $3 hat in my size.

Take it easy man. I see some nice works on silverbelly hats. Just look for more examples and maybe you can get it to work.

Well, here's a Silverbelly western for ya, TJ - my Stetson 25 today
Nice 25 David!

Stetson conversion in Silverbelly, in the rain.
Is that the No 1 Quality? Looks nice.

I broke out the 1930s Stetson No. 1 Quality.
Nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn