Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Okay, let's start with commenting on all the hats from yesterday, beginning with The Ote...

el_ote - Welcome to the 'Lounge! Nice Saxon, you wear it very well. That is a very popular hat around here.

ofcoursemyhorse - Very interesting [and cool] :thumb: bowler. I like the checkered fabric!!

Joao - Your sliver Stagecoaches and black Stetsons are sublime!!

Cariduro24 - Welcome to the finest hat 'Lounge on the Web. The breezy Adam Milan is a nice entry, as well as your Italian Tesi.

Perry - Lookin' mighty fine, sir. Always good to see your hats. Very nice OR!!

S4C - Impressive Stratoliner and a killer brim! Great color.

Slacker - Looks like that Campdraft is going to hold up very well in the rain. Nice! Hopefully, your forecasts will hold off for the 4th festivities. :)

GregNYC - Greg, you are one cool dude. Your cap collection is super impressive!!! :yo: The patterns on those caps are just incredible.

casechopper - Nice cap, Sam. Full cut and mellow; reminds me of a pipe tobacco I used to smoke. Cool denim, too!

Frunobulax - Sharp straw! Looks lightweight and cool. I foresee palm trees in your future!!

Bob Roberts - Thanks for sharing; I like the vents in the crown. Nicely done.

Trevi007 - Awesome hat, 007. You look good with a wide brim. I like the blue/red striped ribbon. Will you be wearing that hat on the 4th?

Ingineer - Another "breezy" Panama!! Great crown!

foxtrot1213 - COOOOOOOOL. That's it. That's the look. Sign him up for the movies!! Great pic, foxtrot, nice combo hat/jacket/denim/boots!! Great backdrop, but I'm curious, is that flex conduit?

moehawk - Those glasses make a statement, really nice!! Does that hat have a leather or a fabric sweatband? My Stetson lightweight was glued to my hat while I was at the beach last week. It made me nervous, but it stayed on. The wind was incredibly strong, even bending some umbrellas!

Mantis - Cool pic. That would make a great addition to the "dark side / shadow" thread.

g.durand - Beautiful Borso, Michael. You maintain your collection very well. Nice.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Wednesday: Dobbs Nor' Wester

7823f081-c027-40a9-9b53-11cf6e989eb3.jpg

Thursday: A'n'A Original Beaver '35

5ecf7bae-681b-49d2-b4be-9d23f9f21c6a.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Cutting the lawn in this old beater of a 60s Royal Stetson... Then in a few short hours will play a sold out show at Rockwood Music Hall in Manhattan probably in my Fawn CD
.... Oh the contrasts of life
c80fc4a5d7af09c8c7debb9c8d931056.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Joao, AnA, Moon, Bob R, nice display of hats guys.

Ever since I reflanged the brim and reshaped the crown on this Bradford OR clone to a fedora I've been wearing it as my go to hat, even though I'm burnt out with Silverbelly. Since I can't afford to buy a Strat I'll modify an OR to make it look like one. Once again, here's my boring silverbelly color Bradford

Bradford_with_Shadow_II.jpg

Bradford_OR_C.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thx "T" Love the front crown height and drop to the back. Looks like a nice smooth even bash. I personally like a deeper flange with a shorter break so I can get a smaller looking snap w the brim down. Silverbelly ain't the most "unusual" color but it has its place. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, AnA, Moon, Bob R, nice display of hats guys.

Ever since I reflanged the brim and reshaped the crown on this Bradford OR clone to a fedora I've been wearing it as my go to hat, even though I'm burnt out with Silverbelly.
Thank you Terry.
I can take care of your boring silverbelly Stagecoach if you want.

ingineer

One Too Many
Terry; That is not boring it is classic.
Joao you need an OR to round out your collection. Quintessential western banker's hat.
Looks like you own the ranch not work on it
AnA great ribbons, you are making me reconsider my TAR bias

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bob R, Joao, Richard, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

Bob R, Vintage Bradfords were real nice hats back in the day. I have two and I like them both really well. I like tall crowns. This one is creased with a C-crown to 4 3/4 inches at the front pinch to 4 1/4 at the back. The brim is 2 3/4 inches wide. I definitely liked your Fed IV, btw. It's one of the hats that's on my bucket list, along with a Strat, a Whippet, a Playboy, a Wanderer, Campdraft, etc, etc, etc, :)

Joao, My Silverbelly Stagecoach only has a 3 1/2 brim. Too narrow for your liking. It's a stingy, in your book.

Richard, Joao would be interested in an OR if there was one that had a 4 + inches brim. :D

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao you need an OR to round out your collection. Quintessential western banker's hat.
Looks like you own the ranch not work on it
No ranch around here. :\
OR's have stingy brims.

Joao, My Silverbelly Stagecoach only has a 3 1/2 brim. Too narrow for your liking. It's a stingy, in your book.
Stingy is below 3", own 2 with 3" and that's my limit (in quantity and size)(both are Resistol BR "20". Nice felt but sadly 3" brim).
3 1/2" is not bad, I tolerate them (have a few also) so I can guard your boring silverbelly Stagecoach ;)

Richard, Joao would be interested in an OR if there was one that had a 4 + inches brim. :D
Now that would have my attention. ;)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thx.TJONES. Did u deepen the Bradford flange? The Fed is Deluxe but I'm waiting for one of the lesser priced Imperials.

The Bradford originally had a western OR style brim. I have a vintage wooden fedora brim flange that I used to reflange the brim with. It's deeper in the front and back than it used to be. Although not as deeply curled as I've seen on some fedoras, but it's the perfect flanging for a thin ribbon fedora. Has a nice casual look that's versatile.

My Stetson Nutria has a deeper flanging, which is perfect for this style of fedora

Nutria_Felt_05.jpg

nutria_1_A.jpg

For my thin ribbons I like a little shallower flanging, which is perfect for these styles of fedoras

Bradford_OR_B.jpg

Bradford_OR_C.jpg

Both are fedora snap brims, just one's a little deeper than the other to suit different styles of fedoras.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy