Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Mantis – Good luck on the test. For the rest of it, that hat is good enough.

Fruno – Gorgeous hat. Which Akubra is that? I would LOVE to get my hands on a vintage Stylemaster.

RJR – Salute.

David – Here’s lookin’ at you, kid (with a very cool hat).

Moon – To the moon with that one, Alice. Awesome. I love those Stetsonians.

Java – Beautiful colors on that one.

Zip – A true classic. Beautiful.

Spud – Funky Gun Club. Interesting treatment on that one.

Daniele – Proprio classico. Un bel verde.

For me, another Flaisher’s of Lynn, MA. The “Aristocrat” this time.

Photo on 11-12-15 at 11.38 AM.jpg Photo on 11-12-15 at 11.38 AM #2.jpg Photo on 11-12-15 at 11.38 AM #3.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Spudman, You've mastered the selfie already

405c55a0-8583-4778-8b7d-79cc74d21a23_zpsxmvosxfo.jpg

cb28c897-4c81-4240-af1f-8409023b324f_zpshzdytzhh.jpg

40's (late) Royal Stetson Playboy

so beautiful Tommy .... I have envied your Playboys for a long time

I finally scored one!!!!! just posted it in the "new hats" thread ... pretty sure it is a 50s model

Miamibruno

One Too Many
It's a Silverbelly Campdraft.

Was Flaishers a store or a hatter? You had one on the other day, and referred to one in a PM as well.

Flaisher's was a hat store in Lynn, MA (Flaisher's Reliable Hat Store). They made their own hats. Henry the Hatter worked there as a young man and then went on to own his own set of hat stores. I have one of those, too. It is cool to have the local hatters hats as well as the prominent makers.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - what's with the Staples logo? Was that some sort of promo item?
For what I was able to discover, Resistol can make hats for companies with their logos. I don't know what Staples did, maybe a theme party or similar thing for (some) their employers, don't believe Staples ever sold hats.

Joao, always love the big brims, stirling; that's a new color, looks just like silverbelly
It's more a light grey than silverbelly.

For me today my Stetson Carson 6X.
Nice and hello from the other side of the border.

Getting ready for a trip to Nashville this weekend with a Stetson Gun Club. I'm not sure of the exact model. (Second selfie-it's getting easier)
It goes with time. Nce Gun Club.

Flaisher's was a hat store in Lynn, MA (Flaisher's Reliable Hat Store). They made their own hats. Henry the Hatter worked there as a young man and then went on to own his own set of hat stores. I have one of those, too. It is cool to have the local hatters hats as well as the prominent makers.

We had a local hatter here, named Engelbert, who went out of business sometime in the 70s. I've been trying to find one of his for a while. Lady at one of the local vintage shops I frequent said they use to be all over the place, but not so much, now...

She said he called her one day way back when to tell her to sell his hats for more, because she was undercutting his prices. :rolleyes:

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
We had a local hatter here, named Engelbert, who went out of business sometime in the 70s. I've been trying to find one of his for a while. Lady at one of the local vintage shops I frequent said they use to be all over the place, but not so much, now...

She said he called her one day way back when to tell her to sell his hats for more, because she was undercutting his prices. :rolleyes:

What size? I may be able to help.

Tom D.

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
A Tumwater, by TonyB. A few years back I asked him to make me a "Nighthawks" hat. That's the Edward Hopper painting by that name. I asked Tony to make one just like the silver-with-a-black-band and a second with the colors reversed. Today I wore the black one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace