Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I did a good thing today.....I think. At my local Costco there is a young cashier that remarks on my hat every time our paths cross.

Today he lamented not being able to find a hat even closely like it. My hat is a vintage Bloomingdales with a 2" brim that I wear snapped up all the time, it is my knockabout hat. I have a Robert Hall stingy brim at home in black that I never wear as the stingy just does not suit me and neither does the black. I drove home picked up the stingy and took it back to Costco and gifted it to him. He was, to say the least, thrilled. We did not really get a chance to chat as he was working. I felt good but then wondered if I had done him any favours by giving him a STINGY instead of a fedora. Oh well, at least he gets to start somewhere and I figure another hat wearer, especially a young one, will be good for the world. Next time our paths cross I will give him the name of this site and he can become educated in all things HAT.
That was very kind of you.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Belfastboy- that was a very cool thing to do for the young man. You act as though stingy was a bad word. There is nothing wrong with stingy brimmed hats as long as they are of good quality and stylish, rather than the throwaway type cloth trilbies tat the hipsters all tend to sport. Remember that at the time these vintage short brim fedoras were being made, it was gentlemen of distinction purchasing and wearing them, not a bunch of youngsters wanting to be anything other than "mainstream".
Good thing style isn't a fad!:)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Unlike some of my Bros here on The Lounge, I'm all in favor of any of these new young dudes/hipsters/trendsters etc WEARING. The more big box retail chains/mall stores carrying low quality/price hats and the more consumers HATTED the better. Trend or not. I don't care where they start and what they start wearing, as long as they are wearing hats. Who knows where they'll go from here...? But they have to start somewhere...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Last friday... Melton & Co. topper
lojlE7W.jpg
...and I love your black n white pics.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I also found out that a Resistol western was delivered to the office on Friday while I was out. Still trying to decide on a hatband and a final shape, but not planning to trim the brim, Joao.
Nice to ear that. Will it see regular wear?

Vintage Dobbs Western wide brim
Nice! My only Dobbs west is a Stagecoach... with a small brim :(
I haven't found it yet since I'm checking all my hats for mold.

But in the end of the day we all live in the shadow of one of Joaos hats
LOL

Last friday... Melton & Co. topper
That would be bold! Nice look.

Yeah, that Panda of Joao's is the King of the Jungle for sure! :D
Stetson also made a long hair. I have one in brown.

That was very kind of you.

I agree. Class act, belfastboy.

Belfastboy- that was a very cool thing to do for the young man. You act as though stingy was a bad word. There is nothing wrong with stingy brimmed hats as long as they are of good quality and stylish, rather than the throwaway type cloth trilbies tat the hipsters all tend to sport. Remember that at the time these vintage short brim fedoras were being made, it was gentlemen of distinction purchasing and wearing them, not a bunch of youngsters wanting to be anything other than "mainstream".
Good thing style isn't a fad!:)

I'm happy you are showing the stingies some love. They're not my cup o' tea, and not too popular around here, but I appreciate you showing them off.

Joao, i tried like you suggested.

That colour is impossible...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I like the first one...

javadave61

Practically Family
Sewed in a new sweat on my Knox. I was like a little kid showing mom his drawing last night. So proud that it actually looks nice. So of course, it's first in the rotation today. I'm thinking of a gray ribbon for this... something to give it some style and contrast. Or should I stay with the "classic" styling? Hmmm...

IMG_20151124_28347.jpg IMG_20151124_1228.jpg IMG_20151123_51975.jpg IMG_20151124_41474.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24