Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Miller makes a fine looking hat, Jim.

Another warm day here - BSHW

41a2315ec531e888884ea2325e9ab539.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Other projects completed and the hat cleaning continues. I have struggled with my light gray vtg. Borsalino Super Feather Weight. Great light weight felt and condition, but the hat shows dimples, dents, wrinkles folds, creases.... you get the idea. I have given it the naphtha bath and as soon as the distillate evaporates I will begin BIG steam while it is on a block. Perhaps the remaining (stiffener - shellac) will take hold. I do love the idea of the felt and detail quality of this hat. The green leather band reminds me of a green Bianci racing bike I owned long ago.

i-N7dBbhW-M.jpg

i-zgXFH9c-S.jpg
i-ZMjRNpd-S.jpg

Hat cleaning maniac today. Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, I've done worse. Was working a green horse yesterday gathering the cows, we crossed water once early in the day and he did fine. Had to cross a 25' wide river later in the afternoon, got about halfway through when he came unglued. Softball size bruise on my hip, gash down my shin and a few other aches. Worked him in the water until he settled down, then we crossed it a few more times. Gathered the herd and went back to work.
Rub the wounds with tequila, then, after rubbing them, drink 5 to 7 shots of tequila and you will feel great, or was it drink it before?

Well to be sure drink it before and after, wash it down with a cold beer and you will see the results very soon.

Get well !

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80