Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
48316d3be24ee66a54d9d242982931e7.jpg

Happy Belgium day to my fellow Belgians!

Damn, now I'm thinking I should have ordered the fed iv instead of the Fedora

I do not own a Fed, but I'm confident you will be very happy with the Fedora. However, like Chamuco sez - get both! Then a couple of Camp Drafts just to be sure.

Thanks sir.

I know others see this heat infrequently each year and work with it. In my neck of the earth, it is shocking heat. It "freezes" folks. I had clients call in that they would not be coming to karate/ninja/dance/gymnastics as it was "too" hot. Our staff assured them the business air conditioning would be refreshing and class activities would include rest and re-hyradtion, they still opted to miss. Many clients missed an opportunity "frozen" by the unique weather. (I am of course presuming it is unique and will be seldom seen again.)

I know forum members in southern climes (or CA climes) see these temps more often and cope well. I admit to coping poorly or am guilt of whining. Let me have snow and cold any day as I know how to dress for the weather. Hot weather - really what more can I take off!

It's been in the 90s here most of the week. I don't pay attention to heat indexes, as hot is hot to me. However, I'm just the opposite. I'd much rather it be hot than cold. I hate to be cold.

Inspired by Bob's 4X OR yesterday, I dialed it down an X and put on my 3X OR today to fend off the sun. I swear, this is a tough hat. It might be bulletproof.

Picture12.jpg
Picture11.jpg

Someday, perhaps I'll commission Stetson to make an 11X for me. I can call it my Spinal Tap hat (It's one X-er, isn't it?)

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
La Cheapo Dorfman straw that a thrift coughed out yesterday in a very timely manner.
P1190162 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Heat index near 110 here today too with actual temp in the upper 90s. Don't like it.
Worn with a shirt of my own manufacture. Unfortunately manufactured when I weighed considerably more than I do now.
P1190167 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Try to avoid heat stroke midwesterners. I have to run some errands today and I'm not looking forward to it.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace