Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
I'm lovin' the straws as felt season slips away but must confess that Rusty's Marathon and Douglas's Featherweight are real beauties. It seems that the straw season(s) just keep getting longer here in Texas.
Today I'm sportin' last summer's multi-colored straw (I think it's actually polypropolyne) from Stetson. I like the vibe.
3465071735_d28d65aba2.jpg
Wow....I'm diggin' that lid alot . I have to agree, I like the vibe too.....sweet lid, I'm envious. :D

DM, I'm diggin' yours as well.......

GWD

One Too Many
I didn't wear this outfit today except to post a picture with the Boater. However since I don't post here often enough I thought I'd share.

web.jpg

web.jpg

I think I need some Bongo Drums and a gig at the Tropicana.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Douglas, every time I see you in one of your Playboys I get a little green. Someday...

Dinerman, when I looked at your first photos of that fuzzy number I didn't really see the potential. Then came the shot of you wearing it. Spectacular!!

GWD, there ya' go! I've been threatening to add a Sailor Straw to my bunch. You look great in yours.

Goose, you da' man, man. That hat goes with everything. I understand why you like it so much.

Dundee

A-List Customer
Great look!

Gene, that looks like a great outfit for a gig. I take it you play the harmonica. What type music does you group do?

Goose.

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
Goose, you da' man, man. That hat goes with everything. I understand why you like it so much.

Thanks HPG. Good thing that the hat goes with pretty much everything as I wear it with everything. Was wearing SPAM flip flops with that Bogart too. Either a testament to the versatility of the fedora, my odd taste in attire, or both. Bottom line, is that while it may cause purists to cringe, I like to wear my hats.

Here's today...Federation IV Standard black. Dunno if I could pull off the red ribbon like Indy Cop, but I do appreciate his pic inspiring me to get one of these. Dang thing shows every piece of lint...nice of HD to send along a cleaning sponge with it :)

519924704_R8vLt-M.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
Beautiful Dman. I have a Mallory with similar qualities. Yours look very comfortable. Does the brim hold its shape?

It pretty much goes where it likes with breezes and such, but there's no position that it looks bad in.

DOUGLAS

Dinerman said:
It pretty much goes where it likes with breezes and such, but there's no position that it looks bad in.

I thought as much. Great hat and probobly will not fly off in a stong wind.
Looks good man!

DOUGLAS

Thanks Gene, I really like this model. I am going to have this one and a moss green cleaned and reblocked to an open crown next week.

HarpPlayerGene said:
You dog. There you go again!! :D :eusa_clap

Thanks Jazzncocktails, yes it is from the Forties. I have a few that are very nice from that period.

Indy you are a gentleman, thanks.

Stoney

Practically Family
This Blue Stetson

A Whippet in all but name, a Royal Stetson most likely from the early 50s.

Navy-Blue-Stetson.jpg

A lousy Cell phone photo, but all that I had.

This is a better photo of the hat, but it looks black, rather than blue.

Side.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
Stack. One of the lightest and softest felts I've ever had. It rivals my '34 playboy. I can crease it just by blowing on it (no joking). Grosgrain sweatband. Self felt band.

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg
IMG_3518.jpg

3130_75699100908_630485908_1600473_.jpg

Way to rock that hat Dinerman! Looks great on you.

:eusa_clap

B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred