Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks!
The only problem with this 1928 Dobbs Homburg is that I always feel like I should be doing something more important than whatever I'm doing while wearing it.

75050a56c9e3760e49c9ed53b3e36463.jpg
9630a38af1e455d2b98d05e1a33d616c.jpg

But that doesn't seem like that big of a problem to me.:)
Have a great day!

You have OUTDONE yourself yet again, Moe!!! Fabulous, FABULOUS Hommy, but your assessment of how you feel when wearing it is just classic. Again, you have outdone yourself!!!!

daddy0d0

A-List Customer

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Hey folks!
The only problem with this 1928 Dobbs Homburg is that I always feel like I should be doing something more important than whatever I'm doing while wearing it.

75050a56c9e3760e49c9ed53b3e36463.jpg
9630a38af1e455d2b98d05e1a33d616c.jpg

But that doesn't seem like that big of a problem to me.:)
Have a great day!
Get something about cigar sized and light it with a hundred dollar bill. Then sit back and contemplate the power of hats.

M

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
You have OUTDONE yourself yet again, Moe!!! Fabulous, FABULOUS Hommy, but your assessment of how you feel when wearing it is just classic. Again, you have outdone yourself!!!!
Thanks, hatsRme! I love this 'burg, just (mistakenly) think I need a reason to break it out.
I actually do have something important to do in this hat today. Just remembered it's an old friend's birthday and I'm taking her a cupcake a bit later.:)

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Not a very good picture, but I'm wearing the Gala Forest Scotland made deerstalker to go look for the mushrooms.
P1200573 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

And as it seems the site was down or something, I'm back already with one large hen of the woods (Grifola frondosa) in tow. Oops, seems it's still having problems. Is it back? Yesterday's hat pick by now.

Michael

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Glad to see survivors of the Great TFL Outage of 2016!
Today, hot weather so hot weather gear. A Panama I made from a hat body found at a thrift store. Jamaican shirt. Linen pants not pictured, but necessary.

554d3af586df5daae7353cc4c2921fdf.jpg
3a533fa868bc7881863d12d2d3158a5d.jpg

Yesterday, a freshly made over Vanzina Pavia. At first, the chain style felt belt trim looked cool, but after a while it started to distract from the rest of the hat till that was all I saw when I looked at it. Plus, the liner tip was stitched to the top of the crown, so most every crease I tried on it wss puckered and lumpy looking from the stitches. So, off came the feltbelt, out came the liner, a reblock, restitched the liner leaving the tip floating (but secured to the felt with a piece of two-sided tape in the middle of the liner logo) and a new ribbon. I went with a dark brown because I like the grey/brown combo on tge Game Bird. Here it is!

0cb9f9de8d62d0845cbf187bd1e7106c.jpg
bb7dd2ad0cc6a794381f6f94b29a5ba1.jpg
b7c3418d7d6edd356131619ba621d169.jpg

It's like a brand new hat! I like this look way better.
Glad to be back!
Have a great day! :)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I saw this hat advertised in an email I got from Village Hats the other day and decided to try it out. Email advertisements never entice me to make a purchase, but for some reason this one did.

I had been looking for a lighter brown hat to go with my new medium blue suit, and when I saw this hat it "spoke" to me. Maybe it was the fact it was under $40 that got my attention, or that it was a "crushable wool" that I could use as an "outdoors hat" in the event it didn't work as a dress hat. I'm not sure what exactly convinced me, bit I'm glad I ordered one.

It's not a vintage Dobbs or a custom made VS, bit it's not a bad hat for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot