Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
It will be interesting to see if he likes one better, or even if he sees any difference. THAT's the test of a true hat person.

My guess is that he'll prefer the pecan NW.

Doc didn't quite recall our last appt and the brown Everyman. We were about finished when he asked to do some muscle/reactive tests on my arm, so I transferred the pecan NW Hats to my other hand. That's when he mentioned, "I wear fedoras, too. It makes good sense, if you think about it." Well, that got us going on hats. I said I noticed that he had looked over at my hat a couple times during my last visit and he said, "oh, did I?" I went right into "this is a different hat. I actually ordered it from Mike Miller in celebration of my visit with the surgeon who recommended (as you did) to just take MRI's semi-annually and blood tests annually."

Dr: Who?
Me: Mike Miller of NW Hat Company in Eugene.
Dr: So this is custom made?
Me: Yes, fits like a glove, excellent hand...
Dr: I can see it's a quality piece...is that a leather sweatband?
Me: Yes, and satin liner, 100% beaver felt... all for $250.
Dr: (Incredulously) $250??? That's an incredible price.
Me: Yes, I think so too. (A bit about Red's 1942 Rose Bowl hat, which influenced my decision to go with pecan felt).
Dr: Tell me the shop name one more time
Me: NW Hats, or NW Hat Company.
Dr: Got it.

As he finished up summarizing things I pulled Mike's card from my wallet and handed it to him. He looked on the card at the 2 styles of hats, and said "so he can make either style?"

Me: He can make anything you want. He converted my old western hat into an Outback style I plan to use when hiking and fishing.
Dr: Excellent.

Anyway, it was a great checkup and a great chat about hats in general and my pecan NW Hats fedora. According to his nurse, he wears hats all the time so chatting about hats was sure to come up. What a fun afternoon. Clean bill of health, lunch with Mrs Fed, stopped in to see a friend whose husband passed away recently and a leisurely drive home... without clouds and rain!!! :cool::):p:D:cool:

cmoy

One of the Regulars
Out and about wearing a vtg. Adam Magestic.

i-qN4RkWT-M.jpg

i-T7d6wSS-M.jpg

i-Wd2s4xr-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Very NICE!

Doc didn't quite recall our last appt and the brown Everyman. We were about finished when he asked to do some muscle/reactive tests on my arm, so I transferred the pecan NW Hats to my other hand. That's when he mentioned, "I wear fedoras, too. It makes good sense, if you think about it." Well, that got us going on hats. I said I noticed that he had looked over at my hat a couple times during my last visit and he said, "oh, did I?" I went right into "this is a different hat. I actually ordered it from Mike Miller in celebration of my visit with the surgeon who recommended (as you did) to just take MRI's semi-annually and blood tests annually."

Dr: Who?
Me: Mike Miller of NW Hat Company in Eugene.
Dr: So this is custom made?
Me: Yes, fits like a glove, excellent hand...
Dr: I can see it's a quality piece...is that a leather sweatband?
Me: Yes, and satin liner, 100% beaver felt... all for $250.
Dr: (Incredulously) $250??? That's an incredible price.
Me: Yes, I think so too. (A bit about Red's 1942 Rose Bowl hat, which influenced my decision to go with pecan felt).
Dr: Tell me the shop name one more time
Me: NW Hats, or NW Hat Company.
Dr: Got it.

As he finished up summarizing things I pulled Mike's card from my wallet and handed it to him. He looked on the card at the 2 styles of hats, and said "so he can make either style?"

Me: He can make anything you want. He converted my old western hat into an Outback style I plan to use when hiking and fishing.
Dr: Excellent.

Anyway, it was a great checkup and a great chat about hats in general and my pecan NW Hats fedora. According to his nurse, he wears hats all the time so chatting about hats was sure to come up. What a fun afternoon. Clean bill of health, lunch with Mrs Fed, stopped in to see a friend whose husband passed away recently and a leisurely drive home... without clouds and rain!!! :cool::):p:D:cool:

Beautiful... ALL just beautiful, Fed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran