Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
54F and clear here, sun poking through the clouds. I ran out for a few more errands today and grabbed the NW Hats outback conversion of my old Stratton western. I love this hat, especially since Mike reblocked it to fit my egg-head.

i-2kBVzR2-XL.jpg

i-ZFB847p-XL.jpg

i-hJkwLvT-XL.jpg
Beautiful conversion. Makes me feel like going on a walkabout.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Just got in from a really rockin' good night. Amazed that so many turned out on a wet, driving rain sodden evening, with high winds and pouring rain. Nevertheless I just had to top off the Aquascutum blazer with a felt lid. It's a poor photo, both jacket and hat are actually deep navy blue. But you get the gist.
hats 038.JPG

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Boy, went away for a couple hours and there are over 70 posts to catch up on! Stetson fifteens, Adam Hommies, Schoble Hommies, Vita-Felts, the hits just keep on coming.

To those of you still wearing shorts today: prepare thyselves. Winter has hit Funkytown right in it's funky butt today. I grilled burgers out last night in shirt sleeves. Today I needed to break out something warmer.

My humble offering today is a Resistol San Antonio. Originally purchased in Bellefontaine, OH. I found it last year at a vintage clothing store in Cincy.

b1ea21859761d22915c3d8b757065a53.jpg
b6f26986f01f5ffcd76c3c1839111430.jpg
2786f93137d3e594ff7c06c9a6aa0776.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Love that SA!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Gabe and I went kickin' around a local antique mall and went full-throttle jack-ass mode.

Took some hats (well, sort of) for a couple of test drives. Sadly, no purchases made (but for self-evident reasons)

1. A strange pith helmet shaped straw thingy with a profoundly groovy ribbon that really ties the whole thing together: View attachment 60684 View attachment 60685 View attachment 60686

2. A reproduction Spartan helmet (it's a hat, sort of, right? ). I tried it both without and with the Stetsonian: View attachment 60687 View attachment 60688 View attachment 60689
Happily, the proprietors neither called the police nor asked us to leave the establishment. [emoji2] Good Times!!! Have a great Saturday evening, folks.
Yer fckn CRAZY! :)

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Yer fckn CRAZY! :)
It's the kid's fault. I'd never behave so foolishly, but for his bad influence.

I be a grown-up with a professional degree. I am therefore always sober-minded and in self-control. Plus, I practice proper social decorum at all times.

It's the kid's fault.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. [emoji6]

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Wicked ribbon, wind trolley and brim binding. Adam seldomly fails to impress me. They seem to have taken some hip fashion risks with their styles.

Thanks, Matt. Whoever designed this hat certainly made sure to check off all the options.

I agree, there are some super Adam hats to be found - Eric (short balding guy) has an identical Mr. Main Street I believe.

Cheers!
David - 21st Century Man

Gabe and I went kickin' around a local antique mall and went full-throttle jack-ass mode.

Took some hats (well, sort of) for a couple of test drives. Sadly, no purchases made (but for self-evident reasons)

1. A strange pith helmet shaped straw thingy with a profoundly groovy ribbon that really ties the whole thing together: View attachment 60684 View attachment 60685 View attachment 60686

2. A reproduction Spartan helmet (it's a hat, sort of, right? ). I tried it both without and with the Stetsonian: View attachment 60687 View attachment 60688 View attachment 60689
Happily, the proprietors neither called the police nor asked us to leave the establishment. [emoji2] Good Times!!! Have a great Saturday evening, folks.
I think that Pith Helmet Thingie should have gone home with you. It is actually kind of cool!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
It's the kid's fault. I'd never behave so foolishly, but for his bad influence.

I be a grown-up with a professional degree. I am therefore always sober-minded and in self-control. Plus, I practice proper social decorum at all times.

It's the kid's fault.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. [emoji6]
Blame da kid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff