Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'm back in the saddle again here for a couple of days. Shoulder surgery scheduled for Monday may continue to inhibit my participation for a bit, but not for long (I hope)!!

I'm wearing my surprise bonus Cavanagh-via-Levine. A couple of years ago I bought this "Levine" hat in a Levine box for a friend whose last name is Levine. Imagine my surprise and delight when it arrived, finding it to be not only a Cavanagh felt, but in my near-impossible-to-find size!! My pal Levine is still waiting for a hat.

View attachment 61626 View attachment 61627 View attachment 61628 View attachment 61629 View attachment 61630 View attachment 61631
Fan-Freaking-Tastic!!! That lid is super slick! If you ever get tired of it (not likely, right?!!?), I know a good home in Oregon for it...

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Standard Quality Feather Weight in charcoal heather.

120216.jpg

standardfeather4.jpg
You never fail to impress, Alan. Beautiful lid.

Reworked my unknown western brand again. I reshaped both the crown and the brim and I'm still deciding on a ribbon choice, may not have much of a choice though. I'm a bit shy on ribbon at the moment, and I'm tired of Silverbelly!

My_unknown_western_11.jpg

My_unknown_western_9.jpg

My_unknown_western_6.jpg

My_unknown_western_5.jpg

Going way back to Blind Willie Johnson for some Gospel Blues. From the remake of "The Lady Killers" with Tom Hanks....

Looks great Terry.
Good to see you buddy.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thanks D. Here it is,
Michael you are a true example of vintage Italian lawyer in the 70' out of a courthouse in Rome

Going with The Mallory Ten today. May have to switch later due to increasing wind speeds.

d9659d98f42b984ac30b8cfb34a7c08c.jpg
Excellent homburg!

Daniele, Much appreciated! This is a fantastic Panizza Velour!
Steve do you believe it is a Panizza? The felt is super but no identification...

With some Harris Tweed.
Here Michael you are a true example of vintage Italian lawyer in the early 70' out of a courthouse in Milan
The clothing has its regional changes here!

Stetson Standard Quality Feather Weight in charcoal heather.

120216.jpg
A fantastic black hat (here considered the maximum formal elegance) for a Sunday morning in a central square

I'm in late today. Sun and cold, now it is dark and more cold
f09gnn.jpg

Panizza Royal in grey
ve3ww3.jpg

It is in the tradition of Panizza: a Italian classic for proportions and shape
2wr0y1h.jpg

The felt is fantastic. Malleable and finished with a very short hair
2a62h3o.jpg

Going home walking I found this "rosa Veneziano" wall as perfect background for pictures
2ronm6s.jpg

Behind this wall for many years there was a ancient boozer and most of the men wear hats like this drinking wine, feeling fine.....

Beautiful fuzzy finish, Dan! And please sign me up for "behind the wall" duty!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I'm back in the saddle again here for a couple of days. Shoulder surgery scheduled for Monday may continue to inhibit my participation for a bit, but not for long (I hope)!!

I'm wearing my surprise bonus Cavanagh-via-Levine. A couple of years ago I bought this "Levine" hat in a Levine box for a friend whose last name is Levine. Imagine my surprise and delight when it arrived, finding it to be not only a Cavanagh felt, but in my near-impossible-to-find size!! My pal Levine is still waiting for a hat.

Good to see you 'round, Charlie. Great hat.

Good luck Monday and a happy and speedy recovery. I look forward to seeing you back soon.

Enjoy.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful fuzzy finish, Dan! And please sign me up for "behind the wall" duty!
Charlie tries not to be absent for too long.
I will miss your positive good nature.
Get well soon and comes back in better shape than before

On duty beyond the wall I could tell you stories tragicomic
At a young age, often at night, I catch my uncle when singing, he could not get in the bike and took it home.
He was always in Borsalino and silk scarf singing a broken record that lasted for years:rolleyes:

Reworked my unknown western brand again. I reshaped both the crown and the brim and I'm still deciding on a ribbon choice, may not have much of a choice though. I'm a bit shy on ribbon at the moment, and I'm tired of Silverbelly!

My_unknown_western_11.jpg

My_unknown_western_9.jpg

My_unknown_western_6.jpg

My_unknown_western_5.jpg

Going way back to Blind Willie Johnson for some Gospel Blues. From the remake of "The Lady Killers" with Tom Hanks....

Great shaping job on that one Terry.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 61626 View attachment 61627 View attachment 61628 View attachment 61629 View attachment 61630 View attachment 61631
Sending healing thoughts yer way my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner