Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A special hat that is a lesson in geography, I like that!
Redfokker, Thanks! Yes I used the new name Czechia. :)

Another fine one Steve!!
Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
Serge, Thanks! Great to see you back!

Beautiful "meliert" felt and great shape. How is the center of the bow done, three pleats of a wider ribbon? In any case looking cool as always.
Cristina, Thanks! I failed to mention this is new Ribbon/Bow by Optimo Chicage based on the original. Yes it appears to be 3 pleats from a wider ribbon. Here is the before and after.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/322/19714601122_cae49aa2fe_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5761/20354852550_4b994e7fc9_b.jpg

I am not really sure of the fur content of the felt. I think it might a fur / wool blend.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
The office has been so busy that I can't keep up with all of the fantastic posts in this thread. Top shelf hats in all of the pics I've managed to see.

Another work-from-home Tuesday for me, but a potential conference call with a client via Skype gives me an excuse to put on a tie and pretend to be a professional. Topped with a Dobbs 707.

134ef3b677345d79832d5e0b7e16401e.jpg
15e055e91a258df0bcbec980c6a92af4.jpg

Giorgio Cellini, as far as I'm aware, is the name of hats made by Biltmore for Henry the Hatter in Detroit. Despite being made for a place in Detroit, its still a Canadian hat. I got mine from an online auction. As far as I can tell, it's about the same as a Royal Biltmore with a different liner. Not too sure I'd pay the price of one new,(I'm pretty sure they still are sold online) but it's definitely worth what I paid. It's survived everything from a little rain to being outdoors during a tornado.
Also, I have no clue who Giorgio Cellini is.
Cool hat, maybe Giorgio Cellini just sounds stylish being Italian and all.

Foggy and cold for a special day in Verona
Today every child found the gifts when awake.
This is Santa Lucia tradition here in town and surrounds and in Siracusa (Sicily), more stronger than Christmas
33yrywx.jpg

For the celebration a Guerra 1855
It is the brother of the yesterday's hat. The color change
2vj4m7p.jpg

It is made of the same fur felt color is cream
5ahv7r.jpg

Brown ribbon is in contrast with the fancy color of the felt
2nlwbwg.jpg

A special hat for a special day
iwra6r.jpg

Buon Martedì

Here my personal gift
2q1ht6x.jpg

And the complete variety of sweets of my son and daughter (they have each of every one to avoid battle)
14o4vvt.jpg

The shortcrust pastry are the "special" for this day
The round plate contains the"modern" variety of sweets....when I was a child it was more poor
Tangerines, dates, dried figs, almonds (mandorlato) and a small chocolate bar. Nothing more :rolleyes:
I really love learning about the traditions of my fellow international loungers! The hat is just...crazy wonderful. That finish is about as pettable as any you have shown us. I love it!

The office has been so busy that I can't keep up with all of the fantastic posts in this thread. Top shelf hats in all of the pics I've managed to see.

Another work-from-home Tuesday for me, but a potential conference call with a client via Skype gives me an excuse to put on a tie and pretend to be a professional. Topped with a Dobbs 707.

134ef3b677345d79832d5e0b7e16401e.jpg
15e055e91a258df0bcbec980c6a92af4.jpg
Nice Dobbs, the feather is so festive looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters