Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a beautiful Hückel, the colour of the liner is really luscious.

I've been browsing through your website a bit, it's a real treasure trove of information and images. You must have the largest databank on German and Austrian hats out there, and perhaps the largest collection of actual hats. Very impressive.
Thanks! Great looking Borsalino from you today!

Most of the hats on my website are mine but there are some really great ones by other collectors. I am also into collecting and documenting any related information / items I find. I have a large back log of information I need to post. I really appreciate your compliment!

Thank you for posting the Wien Museum exhibition catalog. Did they exhibit any pre WWII Austrian Velour Men's Soft Felt Dress Hats? I did a quick scan through the catalog but I didn't see any mention. Pre WWII Hand Wet Brushed Austrian Velours were prized throughout the World.

There was actually an "Old Hat Maker Workshop" at the "Technisches Museum Wien" financed by Peter Habig who was the founder P. & C. Habig Wien but very sadly it didn't survive a 1992 renovation of the museum.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/5-p-c-habig-hutfabrik/page-5#entry1058

Last edited:

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
J.Hückel´s Söhne "Elastic". JHS made fantastic Stiff Felts too.

31651231636_4e4793e6fe_c.jpg

31541758182_4b7d0975fe_c.jpg

31541802072_8c36761f29_c.jpg

31315752670_26e298d42b_c.jpg

31688011415_5df94de341_c.jpg
Sweet, merciful cr@¿!!!

WHAT A HAT!!!

Thanks Red.

Yeah... the subtle (and often not too subtle) differences from derby to derby are some of the many things that I love about them. I can understand why certain folks almost exclusively focus on collecting them. Just lovely hats with wonderful history...

I need more of them. And so do you.
[emoji3]
Yes Sir! I'll pass your recommendation onto my wife. It should carry a lot of weight...

Bama, that Stetsonian is superb!
40, the Portis is glorious!

I've been choosing grey hats a lot lately, something about the cold weather encourages it, I guess.
IMG_6600_zpsjek7j8vr.jpg

IMG_6598_zpsh28sjewd.jpg

3X Stetson Fifteen

This old favorite of mine, I think is a forties hat judging by price and style. 3 inch brim! illedgible lot number. Can read "Pearl" though. Must be the color
Boom!
Puts on hat. Drops mic.
Niiiice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot