Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
ad1d790cf9653e59a3404c84cc762444.jpg
f22a44c3e8fcd96cc5a6a646d633d8a3.jpg

Good morning!
Stentson Royal De luxe- - metropolis

Lovely grateful day!

Amos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super hat for a Super Man!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Venerdì con il sole a Verona
Borsalino from the fifties restored with craftmanship in BSHW - USA
jskj9e.jpg

Bob provided new ribbon with Borsalino bow and vintage Borsalino lining and new sweatband
fljyfr.jpg

"Dattero" is the color and the rest is vanished
2pza6ih.jpg

The Borsalino arrived in bad conditions with some issues and the pinches very used
988xvm.jpg

Bob shaped it as a Italian Borsalino in the forties I was not convinced firstly, then one day I had it on the head, an old man look at me and said "this is a true hat, surely a Borsalino, it is fantastic". All said in our vernacular idioms of Verona
This was one of the best compliment I had in the last months
2yyvwq8.jpg

So here it is to catch the midday sun

Thanks for your kind words on Borsalino ice-blue long hair
WOW!
That one is truly amazing, and a beautiful job on the restoration by Bob. It looks fantastic, and you wear it well. Love the color!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
So many excellent hats on display here yesterday and today, I wish I had the time to comment on all of them. No such luck, so just a few highlights...

@moehawk - great looking Tonak! Lovely texture, colour and shape, and that bow is the icing on the cake :)

@mayserwegener - another really interesting mystery hat, I really like the shape of this one. Who'd guess the "primitive" construction if they didn't see the inside?

@moontheloon - thanks for the beautiful pictures of that borsalino, I love seeing these original boxes.

@JDH 1911 - welcome to the lounge. Beautiful hat you inherited from your grandfather!

@Wesslyn - great hat and suit combo!

@Dlaniger - very elegant indeed. Perfect with that overcoat.

@Daniele Tanto - Molto bello! My compliments to Bob for the great restoration work. I am glad that you have come to like the hat, even though it is not perhaps your usual style.

Temperatures here are still below zero, so I'm sticking to the furry hats. I need to find myself some of those ear muffs @Knotten has so I can venture out in a proper hat again!
Thank you Celia! I did the bow myself, and I am glad you appreciate it!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Nice hat, nice restoration, Daniele. "Dattero" - Date colored? Or maybe suitable for wearing on a date? Either way, great hat and you look good this AM. Hope you're better rested, too.

That is a killer!

@Daniele Tanto - Molto bello! My compliments to Bob for the great restoration work. I am glad that you have come to like the hat, even though it is not perhaps your usual style.

Daniele you have reached a new high! Bob has put you over the top with this one, my friend. Of course the elder gent would know!
Congratulations!!

Beautiful hat Daniele!

This is the definition of a beautiful Borsalino. I dream of owning such a iconic example. It is wonderful my friend!

WOW!
That one is truly amazing, and a beautiful job on the restoration by Bob. It looks fantastic, and you wear it well. Love the color!

I thank you all very much:)
This is the memories Borsalino of a distant time
I am happy to belong to a band so passionate about hats!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Thanks to everyone for the appreciation of my recent posts.
Today seems to be a Borsalino day, so I'll join in with this NOS example from the 80's that I got from Daniele. It is an absolute joy to experience with it's soft medium-haired finish and the brim stitching is a nice touch.

0810dc25f43959d553eb49b7476b8e49.jpg
cf4f5c2d976c775aa88134bdc58f8ee3.jpg

Wind is picking up, hope it stays on!
Have a great day.

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Venerdì con il sole a Verona
Borsalino from the fifties restored with craftmanship in BSHW - USA
jskj9e.jpg

Bob provided new ribbon with Borsalino bow and vintage Borsalino lining and new sweatband
fljyfr.jpg

"Dattero" is the color and the rest is vanished
2pza6ih.jpg

The Borsalino arrived in bad conditions with some issues and the pinches very used
988xvm.jpg

Bob shaped it as a Italian Borsalino in the forties I was not convinced firstly, then one day I had it on the head, an old man look at me and said "this is a true hat, surely a Borsalino, it is fantastic". All said in our vernacular idioms of Verona
This was one of the best compliment I had in the last months
2yyvwq8.jpg

So here it is to catch the midday sun

Thanks for your kind words on Borsalino ice-blue long hair
Thats a beautiful hat Daniele !!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member