Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Question for all you hat experts...my son came across this today at a vintage shop and picked it up.
Any ideas on it? Age? Of any value? He'd wear it but it's a tad small for him...
Just curious as I know nothing 'bout hats. Thanks!

View attachment 65852 View attachment 65853 View attachment 65854 View attachment 65855
Looks a lot like the hat that Marlon Brando wore in the movie, "The Wild One". You may want to check out the "What Cap Are You Wearing Today", thread. Somebody there may be able to help you.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
First day of the legislative session finds me at the State Capitol in my Akubra Sydney.

33b3e2930d8109ede880a2350bafac39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you work in the legislature as a rep/senator, lobbyist, reporter, or...??? I was a legislative assistant for a couple sessions in Oregon (1997, 1999). I don't know how people do it for years on end. I was always burned out in about 5 months... and now they go every year here instead of just odd numbered years.

Love the snow and your Akubra Sydney! What a fantastic shot!

Knotten

Practically Family
Anyone who manages to look that stylish in a snowstorm gets my vote!

View attachment 65851
You're too kind, Celia.

Do you work in the legislature as a rep/senator, lobbyist, reporter, or...??? I was a legislative assistant for a couple sessions in Oregon (1997, 1999). I don't know how people do it for years on end. I was always burned out in about 5 months... and now they go every year here instead of just odd numbered years.

Love the snow and your Akubra Sydney! What a fantastic shot!

Thanks, Fed. I'm a newspaper columnist (or, rather, an Internet columnist who happens to get published in a newspaper, as things go in this brave new world). I write mainly about politics, and have for the last 23 years. So the Legislature is my home this time of year each year. It's a grind, but it's important.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I hope you all had a great weekend, some fantastic hats on display again. This week's started off good as well!

Beautiful hat Daniele, well proportioned, classic elegance. I am looking forward to seeing you modelling the other hats from your recent find too!

I'm sure we will never tire of seeing you in that blue hat in front of your flower wall. Lovely as ever :)

Great texture on that polar. I love how diverse your hat collection is!

Seeing someone wearing a homburg is the best start to a new week.

The contrast between the black hat and the copper ribbon/binding is really effective.

A two hat day is a better day :) very nice pictures again!

Love your black and white pictures!

You've got some collection, Amos. Thanks for joining the lounge and sharing all those hats with us!

It might be cheap, but it suits you well

Your pictures of the beach make me miss living by the see...

Nice crease!

Beautiful rich colour, looks like a nice hat.

That is such a cool picture of you!

I hope you enjoyed the bullfight!

I was never much into porkpies before, but that suits you really well :)

Very nice. I really like those pictures of your hats in the bushes :)

Interesting ribbon, always nice to see something a bit different.

I really like the wide ribbon, and it's great to see another of your hats with the box too.

Nice, I wish I could wear a nice straw without freezing! Actually, I just wish it was warm enough here to wear any hat that doesn't cover my ears...

Looking good!
Just got the season tickets !!! But I will enjoy them all !! Thanks

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner