Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
20170205.jpg

Is that an olive tree behind you to your right Joao ?

I hope everybody had a great weekend! I know it's tuesday already, but I've been too busy to spend time on the forum lately and I'm behind with pretty much everything, not least checking out all your awesome hats...

Fernandez y Roche for me today. Maybe I'll get round to taking a picture of it on my head later.
View attachment 66914

Boy, Celia, I'm a sucker for a sharksgill! Nice hat!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
A great looking Hommie. It seems to have slight purple tones on my monitor. Love it. Mo covet!
Thanks Mike.
Love that Christys' bowler! Good luck with the shows.

You may feel like a kid, Matt, but that's positively a "big boy" hat!!

Thank's Charlie. Perhaps I should pass it on to someone less infantile than I am. Hmmmm... (Then again... maybe not.)

That BSHW moss absolutely glows in that winter shot from the old'n days. Fantastic hat!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today Dobbs Golden Coach made in Italy
Coach 6.jpg

The license from Dobbs and Knox too was in Panizza factory (Ghiffa on the lake Maggiore) from 1957
Coach 2 ridotta.jpg

The felt is very thin and dense and the color is one of my favourite in the Italian felts colors
Coach 10 ridotta.jpg

This color is call in Borsalino "Dattero" in Panizza it has no name, at least in the paper label in this hat.
Coach 9 ridotta.jpg

Here there is the shade more near the real color.
The hat is very well made with a super malleability.
Thanks for the likes on yesterday Borsalino in grey.
Buona giornata

Magus

Practically Family
View attachment 66932
The license from Dobbs and Knox too was in Panizza factory (Ghiffa on the lake Maggiore) from 1957 View attachment 66933
The felt is very thin and dense and the color is one of my favourite in the Italian felts colors View attachment 66934
This color is call in Borsalino "Dattero" in Panizza it has no name, at least in the paper label in this hat.
View attachment 66935
Buona giornata

Beautiful hat! My wife and I will be in Florence and Venice during March and April of this year. Ciao!

Magus

Practically Family
IMG_0047.JPG

Today I'm in an old beater that I rescued. It started off life as a bill Taylor hat from Cincinnati Ohio. It was battered stained and misshapen before I start to work on it. I believe that there is a thread on the process here somewhere on the site. While it's still a beater it looks a lot better now! In fact the other day I decided to see if it would roll like a crushable and it took it just fine and came right back! The felt is soft and pliable.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 111

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 66932
The license from Dobbs and Knox too was in Panizza factory (Ghiffa on the lake Maggiore) from 1957 View attachment 66933
The felt is very thin and dense and the color is one of my favourite in the Italian felts colors View attachment 66934
View attachment 66935
Buona giornata
That is a beauty Daniele. I really like the dark brown in a hat as well.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I hope everybody had a great weekend! I know it's tuesday already, but I've been too busy to spend time on the forum lately and I'm behind with pretty much everything, not least checking out all your awesome hats...

Fernandez y Roche for me today. Maybe I'll get round to taking a picture of it on my head later.
View attachment 66914 View attachment 66915
Lovely hat Celia. Is it vintage or current production? Great ribbon treatment.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24