Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my word...
Matt, Thanks! Great series of hats from you. The latest Stiff Felt Extra Quality Knox is fantastic!

Gorgeous, Steve.
Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thank you! Great Granite Gannon from yesterday!

Damn, Steve. That's about a perfect fedora to me.
Greg, Thanks! Fantastic Stetson from yesterday. Great to see old Soft Felt Hats!

Dang, it seems like very week you come up with a hat that is my all time favorite. How can that be?
Michael
Michael, Thank you! I always enjoy seeing your posts. Great clothing + hat combos (Resistol Stagecoach today)!

tommyK

One Too Many
bbd76e1e52a81b8592b303bb22ea26b9.jpg
fca1f82720c3459c71ec0d84130a3016.jpg
949d943b2297dbe87aea27d301acb6c9.jpg
4a3d42ea39d268feb52a73bbd10a920b.jpg

Stetson and snowboarding.
I took my metropolis to a 3200 meters hight on top of the Austrian alps.
It was amazing day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bravo Amos, for snowboarding in a fedora! I've been skiing a little north of there in Garmisch-Partenkirchen which is near the Austrian border with Germany. Great skiing and snowboarding in that area and the views are spectacular!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thank you sir. And you're looking quite Westernly today. ( Making up words like Matt does).
It's not "making up words", Perry. It's using morphology to coalesce semiotic vapors into viable and comprehensible symbolic representations. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. [emoji6]

By the way, I measured the height of the crown on the derby after your later comment. I'm sure that I have done so before but have forgotten the results. It's a whopping 6 inches high!

It's almost like looking at a point in the middle of the evolution from the top hat to the lower crown derbies and bowlers of more recent decades. Thanks for prompting me to consider that.

Have a hatastic rest of the day.

Last edited:
It's not "making up words", Perry. It's using morphology to coalesce semiotic vapors into viable and comprehensible symbolic representations. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. [emoji6]

By the way, I measured the height of the crown on the derby after your later comment. I'm sure that I have done so before but have forgotten the results. It's a whopping 6 inches high!

It's almost like looking at a point in the middle of the evolution from the top hat to the lower crown derbies and bowlers of more recent decades. Thanks for prompting me to consider that.

Have a hatastic rest of the day.
I will say this Matt, you have quite the way with words:D.
Not bad with hats either...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
My personal gift for the birthday has been investing money in factory hats.
Last year had been privileged single hatters.
This afternoon I got the presents :rolleyes:
It is always difficult to choose the hats on the photographs, this time I was super happy :)
View attachment 67112
Tonak in blue, current production
View attachment 67113
Felt finished in suede
View attachment 67116
Brim of 7 cm and crown in proportion to the width
View attachment 67115
Made very well by today's standards. Lining in red
View attachment 67114
When we talk about Tonak the eye and touch are committed to appreciate the quality of the felt produced by former Huckel.
I started to unwrap my presents and for a few days we will have fun with the news for the sixty-fourth winter.

Thanks a lot for your appreciation on yesterday Flechet de Luxe
Very nice. Is Tonak the manufacturer. If not, who is?

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Hey folks!
Testing out this "bowlers stay on in the wind" thing with this G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro & C.

1473b50b71e060a76a8d0eda344fe7ce.jpg
5edf96be2a8f887d571597e1d772a73b.jpg
abf05e22e7e1301f2d573e154248e85b.jpg
872199c238b46990ad0f7e7635bbf8c6.jpg

Have a great day!

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.

We will expect a full report!! Will you be going to a wind tunnel to test it? ;-)
In any case, beautiful bowler with a beautiful lining.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
We will expect a full report!! Will you be going to a wind tunnel to test it? ;-)
In any case, beautiful bowler with a beautiful lining.

Thank you Kuki!
Main Street of my little town was close enough to a wind tunnel to get a good idea of a bowler's stayonability. I am happy to report that I am still in posession of the hat, so I guess it's confirmed!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR