Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJR

Hat-INDY-S&J 6.jpg
Steele&Jones Indy today.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
WoW, Jeremy!! Splendidly turned out, dude... EVEYTHING's PERFECT!!
Thank you very very much sir!
Missed this one last night. You really clean up nice my friend! That Whippet goes so well with that double breasted jacket. Wish I could pull of that look. Impressive and a joy to see.
Wow, thank you Mike! I love double breasted jackets and try to wear them as often as possible. :)

Heading down south to Ecuador. I don't know how often I can get online, friends. I'll have my cell phone but other than that I don't know how often I can be online or the availability of internet cafes, especially when travelling.

Ecuador is a nice place, but if you read the US State Dept pages about the country you'll quickly see personal safety is paramount. I'm generally with family and have had no problems, but tourists can be targeted there so it's advisable NOT to stick out... my wife is adamant that I wear no flashy clothes, never walk around with a cell phone or camera in your hands, NEVER display cash in public.... and do NOT wear anything but an old ball cap on your head. Theft and robbery are huge, so is sequestro express, or kidnap express, where your taxi driver takes you down an alley where armed accomplices are waiting to rob you... and maybe assault you or worse... then you get dumped out in the country to find your way back on your own.

I've never had a problem in 5 years, but have seen some younger hoodlums casing us at the Malecon in Guayaquil. Thieves work in teams, too, so sometimes you get robbed and don't even know what happened.... distraction, spill food or water on you, steal your stuff and run away in the crowd.

Anyway, I can't just be sitting on the phone and/or internet when I'm out and about. At the family homes I'll try to touch base. I consider y'all my friends and I hope to take some pics to share with you later. Maybe a few during the trip. If you see me in a hat it'll be a Panama hat, most likely a Cuenca as we are heading there for a couple days. Home base is Quayaquil, the hottest, most humid city in the country. Ironicaly, though, it'll be 98-100F here in Oregon on Saturday/Sunday and only 85 in Guayaquil.

Take care, mates!

FedOregon (Doug), MrsFed, Jer-Berr, and LilFed

i-rCjfxPB-S.jpg
i-fgHLBSg-S.jpg

i-LcS9LQB-M.jpg

EVERYBODY looks ready to roll! I especially love the look L'il Fed ROCKS with his lid. SO well done, so cool, Doug!!!
Have a safe, fun trip!

Heading down south to Ecuador. I don't know how often I can get online, friends. I'll have my cell phone but other than that I don't know how often I can be online or the availability of internet cafes, especially when travelling.

Ecuador is a nice place, but if you read the US State Dept pages about the country you'll quickly see personal safety is paramount. I'm generally with family and have had no problems, but tourists can be targeted there so it's advisable NOT to stick out... my wife is adamant that I wear no flashy clothes, never walk around with a cell phone or camera in your hands, NEVER display cash in public.... and do NOT wear anything but an old ball cap on your head. Theft and robbery are huge, so is sequestro express, or kidnap express, where your taxi driver takes you down an alley where armed accomplices are waiting to rob you... and maybe assault you or worse... then you get dumped out in the country to find your way back on your own.

I've never had a problem in 5 years, but have seen some younger hoodlums casing us at the Malecon in Guayaquil. Thieves work in teams, too, so sometimes you get robbed and don't even know what happened.... distraction, spill food or water on you, steal your stuff and run away in the crowd.

Anyway, I can't just be sitting on the phone and/or internet when I'm out and about. At the family homes I'll try to touch base. I consider y'all my friends and I hope to take some pics to share with you later. Maybe a few during the trip. If you see me in a hat it'll be a Panama hat, most likely a Cuenca as we are heading there for a couple days. Home base is Quayaquil, the hottest, most humid city in the country. Ironicaly, though, it'll be 98-100F here in Oregon on Saturday/Sunday and only 85 in Guayaquil.

Take care, mates!

i-rCjfxPB-S.jpg
i-fgHLBSg-S.jpg

i-LcS9LQB-M.jpg
Have a great time Doug! Take lots of pictures and post them on your return. Stay safe. I live vicariously through your adventure!

Didn't have a chance to process this image until this morning. Dress rehearsal for a play I'm Stage Managing at our local theater last night. One thing positive about being a "techie" backstage, you have to wear all black! It is a theater convention that if you are onstage in black, you are invisible. Well I was sort of invisible, I wore my Mallory 1823 dated Derby during scene changes. We run the next three weekends so my entire black collection will be getting a work out. It may be too hot in Oregon for felt over the weekend, but ... the show must go on!

22Jun17 Mallory Derby Side.jpg
22Jun17 Mallory Derby liner.jpg

Didn't have a chance to process this image until this morning. Dress rehearsal for a play I'm Stage Managing at our local theater last night. One thing positive about being a "techie" backstage, you have to wear all black! It is a theater convention that if you are onstage in black, you are invisible. Well I was sort of invisible, I wore my Mallory 1823 dated Derby during scene changes. We run the next three weekends so my entire black collection will be getting a work out. It may be too hot in Oregon for felt over the weekend, but ... the show must go on!

View attachment 77432 View attachment 77433
Looks great Mike!

View attachment 77441 View attachment 77442 View attachment 77444 View attachment 77447 View attachment 77448 Wearing one of my recent Hatco Outlet scores. Stratoliner Premier. This one came with an open crown so I gave the diamond crease another shot.
Excellent crease job Jeremy.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the concerns and well wishes, folks. Everyone survived down here. There were a few injuries reported west of town, but thankfully no loss of life.

Here's a pic of what's left of a local liquor store that shows just how crazy tornadoes can be. Notice how the store is completely gone, but none of the bottles on the shelf are even turned over.

Here also is a pic of the Royal Stetson that's riding with me. I'm wearing my dirty work cap this morning, but I'll need a proper hat for later this afternoon when the work is done.
31f1b1ba179318ae9f33d0cf5ee2aff7.jpg
02f0dd5fb83c9baa10797f9ad0236edf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Glad everybodys ok.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 77432 View attachment 77433
Love that bowler Red. Very classy.

Michael

RJR

Take care, mates!

i-rCjfxPB-S.jpg
i-fgHLBSg-S.jpg

i-LcS9LQB-M.jpg
Be safe!

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many

Take care, mates!

Be safe and enjoy!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran