Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying a slightly cooler morning with a Wormser Royal Luxury lid.
81a94db54b6ed8c1d78a67cc39ef4a41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the pinch and that color. 50s?

Off to the post office. Mornings here are typically cool, but we're looking at 95F again today. I wore the modern Stratoliner Milan to the post office. I've decided there are straw hats meant for cooler sunny days, and straw hats meant for hotter sunny days. IMO, the Milan and tight weave toquilla straw (Panama/Ecuadorian made) hats are for nice, sunny days, but with temps on the cooler side. The ventilated hats like the semi-calado, to me, are so much better at fighting the heat and blazing sun on a hot day.

Anyway, here's my Strat milan from @Monavillecowboy . FYI, IME these run a little large. The 60cm was too big for me even with the foam strip placed (not permanently attached) under the entire circumference of the sweat... wobbly loose. So, no questions asked @Monavillecowboy accepted the 60cm back and immediately sent off the 59cm hat. Fits much better, and I am enjoying it this morning!

I hit the front brim with a little steam. Snap brim? I don't need no stinking snap brim! (Sorry @Bob Roberts ) I wear the front brim down, and applying some steam and then holding the brim down while it dried off made the front look a lot better, IMO.

i-QvdkRXj-M.jpg
i-xNmKLXd-M.jpg

Yesssss! After handling one today at my Haberdasher, I'm actually impressed. A little on the "heavy" side, but nice looking weave. The brim does need that snap IMHO. I was also pleased that the sweat seemed to be of a higher quality than the other recent Stetsons I've handled. Even though his price was high, I ordered one in grey. Have to support a local business and my friend of over 20 years. You wear this one well my friend.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That Champ looks really nice with that leather blazer. I have a black one, but a brown tone is on my short list. Hard to find in my size (46R).
Thanks Red. I think I must have gotten this Champ right at the onset of the hot summer as it hasn't had much head time yet. I just picked up that J. Riggings blazer on the 75% off sale, mostly because of the color. Keep looking and you will run across one in your size.

And a Champ of a hat!

Today, the rusty trusty Adam "Pacesetter," Executive Quality.

712baeb01d95d8a7f2cc867274741258.jpg
977050b99496b9f7de5763d8e1912a62.jpg
111911ea8709abccd2d629b75db44264.jpg

And remember friends, it's National Spoil Your Dog Day, so give Fido an extra Beggin Strip!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks Jim. And your Adam today is definitely running out in front of the pack. Great color play between the felt, ribbon and binding. And that looks like a pretty unique gill bow too.

Thanks,
Michael

Thanks Red. I think I must have gotten this Champ right at the onset of the hot summer as it hasn't had much head time yet. I just picked up that J. Riggings blazer on the 75% off sale, mostly because of the color. Keep looking and you will run across one in your size.

Thanks Jim. And your Adam today is definitely running out in front of the pack. Great color play between the felt, ribbon and binding. And that looks like a pretty unique gill bow too.

Thanks,
Michael

LOL. Unique because it was done by me. My first refurb. I mimicked the original gill on it, though mine "wanders" to and fro a bit.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, such a sharp lid!!

Blue, great Hommie!

Fed, the pattern in the weave is top notch. I like!

Alan, Genuine panama, fir a genuine fella. Sweet hat my friend

Daniele, splendid!

Anthony, The ten gets ten stars ********** beautiful ribbon, and great profile!

Rjr, looks like it's doing the trick for the heat

Bob R, I dig the vents, way cool

Moe, nice hat, but AWESOME shirt!

Bama, and a nice one at that!

-.-

The recently acquired 1930s Stetson Montechristi. Many thanks again to our good friend, Anthony!
f612ddf4076c36f4af802122c75ba033.jpg
664218baae338b952de5253e6eaa41a1.jpg
d287a004cc48f9f08da8dd7f7e059b78.jpg
3c0f4bd3af9c5a26ae08850699483d3c.jpg
e94547f0f17ba4141a20b5b6b995d891.jpg
2b9513083c35d7656419f93dc5e983e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members