Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beginning the transition back to felt. Feels good. Today, a light weight Dobbs Cross Country...

091317_1.jpg

091317_2.jpg
Simply beautiful!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
The new to me c.1910s Miller-alliare western feat. Gypsy
ae26f4a8a2376b50550116008afcc17e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

this has avatar pic written all over it

Just arrived, Stetson #1 Quality on a very bright evening.

830fec0a945a93780d719bf27cd3e3a1.jpg

Yes, the first thing I did was change the crease. With this one the crown was just too short for me.

b5a0dbcc058e0d8bb97466dd02e680c6.jpeg

Cheers! David

beautiful David !!!

any interior shots ?

is it lined? ... I know a lot of the No.1 Quality were not

Even though it is going to be cool for the next few days, with rain on the way, I might have some boater days in the next few weeks. A little late in the straw season, but couldn't turn down a 7 1/4 LO boater. This Pedigree Hats straw was made for a small chain of clothing stores in Olympia Washington. Hard to date this one, but the patina is nice. The Wilmot's stores didn't make it through the 1960s as near as I can research, so I'm thinking older.

13Sep17 New Pedigree Boater.jpg
13Sep17 New Pedigree Boater side.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Even though it is going to be cool for the next few days, with rain on the way, I might have some boater days in the next few weeks. A little late in the straw season, but couldn't turn down a 7 1/4 LO boater. This Pedigree Hats straw was made for a small chain of clothing stores in Olympia Washington. Hard to date this one, but the patina is nice. The Wilmot's stores didn't make it through the 1960s as near as I can research, so I'm thinking older.

View attachment 85943 View attachment 85944
suits you perfectly!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Every time I see your CD, It reminds me that I want one...
it's quite a cowboy or western looking hat for these parts but I wore it a lot over the 'summer' when out walking with the kids. I could easily style it differently but it is what it is. It takes the rain really well. It's rugged. I think it was about €100 delivered from everything australian, and arrived in eight days. If you are between two sizes they say you should order the larger size, others said just hope for the best, i went with 57 (i'm just over a 57) and it arrived size labelled 57, but bigger (57.75 at a guess), fitted fine but shrank snug, so better, after a couple of wears.

Last edited:

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
it's quite a cowboy hat for these parts but I wore it a lot over the 'summer' when out walking with the kids. It takes the rain really well. It's rugged. I think it was about €100 delivered from everything australian, and arrived in eight days. If you are between two sizes they say you should order the larger size, others said just hope for the best, i went with 57 (i'm just over a 57) and it arrived size labelled 57, but bigger (57.75 at a guess), fitted fine but shrank snug, so better, after a couple of wears.

Good to know on the sizing as I am like a 56.6 cm. My FedIV is a 57 but fits well but I think that they checked measurements before they sent.

As to brim width, everyone in Europe seems to have either stingy <1.75 " brims, leather cowboyesque or all manner of straws. I have seen only 6 people in the last 9 months in London wearing >2.25" felt brims and none of the standard I see in the Lounge (apart from the Bridport hat festival the other week) in London. Makes you understand why I am intimidated/in awe of the 2-7/8" brim on the Mode Edge I have...!

Either way, that CD looks cool on you.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Good to know on the sizing as I am like a 56.6 cm. My FedIV is a 57 but fits well but I think that they checked measurements before they sent.

As to brim width, everyone in Europe seems to have either stingy <1.75 " brims, leather cowboyesque or all manner of straws. I have seen only 6 people in the last 9 months in London wearing >2.25" felt brims and none of the standard I see in the Lounge (apart from the Bridport hat festival the other week) in London. Makes you understand why I am intimidated/in awe of the 2-7/8" brim on the Mode Edge I have...!

Either way, that CD looks cool on you.
i've seen three trilby wearers in dublin and one fedora wearer at a fair in a remote part of east cork since i started wearing hats in april. Oh a couple of straws in London. I presume i'd have to go to a horse race to fit in. Still...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
beautiful David !!!

any interior shots ?

is it lined? ... I know a lot of the No.1 Quality were not

Thanks Moon (and everyone that liked the post).

No liner, I don't know if there was ever one, although I suspect not.

I'll take more photos when I get a chance, but here is one of the sweatband logo from the eBay seller. I think this is a quite recent #1 Quality, probably from the 50's.

bcc88a0369f8ff8d144576e22a839228.jpeg

Cheers! David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner