Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel

Practically Family
Actually, the hat that Jimmy Stewart wears in Vertigo has a ribbon edge trim and the crown ribbon is much wider. There's a few parts in the movie where you can see the inside lining of the hat, and though I'm not familiar with the brand logo of the hat he wears, I know it's definitely not a Borsalino.
Yup I mentioned that. I said it reminds me of his ( in my own feeble mind). In a later post I clarified that; and that it was probably a Dobbs.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
C'est l'automne, le temps du diplomatique
2wejj1x.jpg

Antonin France Chapeau del Luxe
1zdx8pd.jpg

Today fog and some cold, the right time for a homburg made in France probably in the forties
5v3ri9.jpg

Soft felt in a very delicate nuance of brown, without lining, only a patch into the crown
10qb4fc.jpg

Buon giovedì
Many, many thanks for all the likes on the Borsalino "Corteccia"
That is one super looking hat Daniele. Perfect for an autumn day.

Thanks for breaking the rules. A simply fantastic hat.

The deer wants the hat. Smart deer.
Thanks Matt. Your Dobbs of today is another fine hat. Did you resupply while you were on hiatus?

That 15 is great, Harv (@1mach1). What's the brim width?

Mallory Coast-to-Coast.

458a18db0b2a62e976f08d21966495fa.jpg
aeb4be23ad8fd212d513bf11bfd14c24.jpg
fd083e64fdd5b3a191f8788f034cdf2b.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Great colors in that Mallory Jim. I never seem to run across any hats around here with a wide brim binding.

You can wear this blue beauty every day and no one here would complain. Love this color. Sweater is workin' it as well.
Thanks Red. Something just doesn't feel right about wearing the same hat two days in a row. Don't know why.

In honor of Matt's triumphant return to the fold, I decided to brave the rain today in the Mallory Ten homburg he sent my way.

View attachment 89793 View attachment 89794
That is a great hat Red, and a nice jacket too from the looks of it.

Michael

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
great colour

Fantastic Dobbs 15, Harv!!!

Amazing color and texture on the felt, Matt!!!

The color comes off with some violet on my phone. What is the color?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Me Too. Purple Haze!

Thanks Matt. Your Dobbs of today is another fine hat. Did you resupply while you were on hiatus?

Michael

Thanks guys.

The color... hmmmmm...

I often refer to it as a midnight blue, but it does give off a nice violet or purple in different lighting. Early morning and late evening seem to really set that off. Heck... I don't know.

Here are a couple shots I just took as well as one that I took some time back as I was goofing with how it looked under different lighting.

Hope that all are having a good day.
6c364f77479e38cc8989a74aa09ed14d.jpg
886c5f13ff11ba50a85a84f2d1550950.jpg
804421048db99e23684b1394b6b15fce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy