Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Not that anybody asked for, or needs, my $.02, but just one comment on Bobgate.

And this is not making any comment on any moderator or any decision thereof specifically. Nor is it objecting to the rules of The Lounge, nor the right of the moderators/hosts to set said rules.

It's not unreasonable to ask, as many members have, for clarification on the rules, even if that explanation comes down to "we decide on a case by case basis," or " yes, we subjectively apply the rules as we see fit."

Spectacular.
Perry, Thank you!

Super M.W.B. Stolzf. Luxury Velour!
A dream for the Italian night...
Daniele, Thanks! I writing this reply, very early morning your time.

That is a beautiful hat, the finish makes me want to touch it. Very interesting having a photo of where it was sold.
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks too! Yes the felt has a very nice hand.

Jeez Steve. I'll bet the hand on that is just extraordinary. Beautiful shade, too.
Matt, Thank you too! Yes on both counts. Super 1910s Knox Derby for you tonight! It's great to see an old Stiff Felt with that form and in fantastic condition.

I have been looking at your hats here for a long time, and I think it's safe to say that I have never seen a more unique, not to mention spectacular, collection.
Scotty, Thank you! They are fun to wear too!

Late to the party sorry. Only a quick check of whats going on led to having to comment on all the crazy fantastic lids today. Makes me feel a little better.

This one came yesterday.

I believe it to be from the teens

Hulbert the Hatter semi-longhair. this hat has a beautiful sheen when the light hits it
6b1bf20214f41b3d858bec13253ce1e9.jpg
Absolutely incredible Justin. The sweat looks brand new, love the texture. And that crown and finish...shut the door!

Back to What Hat Are You Wearing Today....
f0149edad98ede980f57778156108a90.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Beautiful Esther creation Harv, love the lines of that brim. But that is to be expected. Interesting color name.

I don't plan on taking my ball and going home. [emoji4]

But I'm a bit deflated right now.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Just remember not to use the plural of your ball. Could be detrimental.

Band rehearsal tonight after work. This newer Dobbs is my primary band lid. I’ve done a lot of gigs with this hat on my noggin and it has a lot of sweat and beer and bar grime on it (and I plan on never cleaning it). Nothing like a black hat in a blues band.

And brim up. Bob style. Always Bob style. Rock on!

-Mike

6bd38f2ba3cff97d600b0dcb30b23e14.jpg
2e2fbfb94a81a9d57f23d7bd4eb83fae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect had for the whole band thing, it wears it's battle scars with honor.

Sticking with my OR today
f1c839cd5975b67bcac78c70184c6cb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
This is how I want my future OR to look, perfect crease.

New hats by Esther for Femke and me.
6bdb0ff0eb316c203d5917ce6cd805ff.jpg

Sorry for the bad lighting. Way to dark outdoors to take pics. I'll snap a few tomorrow.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
Hate to say it, but Femke and her hat are cuter than you and yours.:)

Good afternoon. I am wearing a vintage Stetson Playboy. This blue-gray unlined lightweight is the "Cat's Meow."

i-MKpTZWt-M.jpg

i-qs8Fpmm-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Favorite color on this one. Just beautiful Eric.

Friday afternoon chores and errands in a safe and rust Whippet
a3da623b347c076681de919b4909323c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good looking color combo Richard. Looks good in the sun. Wish we had some here in Oregon.

M.W.B. Stolzf. Luxury Velour, Stone Gray, 1930s. This one has high gloss dense close clipped Velour which means very high quality. This hat was made for Bernward Leineweber Berlin department store.

38055156474_dfe1e84ef7_c.jpg

38740889632_360d5f2664_c.jpg

26996225569_388b18a3f2_c.jpg

Bernward Leineweber, Berlin C Alter Köllnischer Fischmarkt, 1935
Two things I dig about this one. The department store picture in the liner and the supple thickness of the brim. It looks 1/4 thick!

Late photo session today after working on some pre-winter yard cleanup today in the Deerstalker
DSCN6952 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
My camera didn't think much of the light condtions
DSCN6953 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6948 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael
Only you could look so cool just picking up sticks in the yard!

Out to visit friends and try to find the questions to some of life's answers under the 1910s or so Knox Derby.

Have a great and serene night, all.
2989ea2ef5597bf8b8eb3bf24e09a57b.jpg
861964b702267f1744ab3f67404b84c5.jpg
The lines of that crown are a real treat Matt. Wishing you serenity as well my friend.

M.W.B. Stolzf. Luxury Velour, Stone Gray, 1930s. This one has high gloss dense close clipped Velour which means very high quality. This hat was made for Bernward Leineweber Berlin department store.

38055156474_dfe1e84ef7_c.jpg

37885031075_fd0cea6f9b_c.jpg

38740889632_360d5f2664_c.jpg

26996225569_388b18a3f2_c.jpg

38055335984_ba1e0ff82d_c.jpg

Bernward Leineweber, Berlin C Alter Köllnischer Fischmarkt, 1935

38740967572_390b110100_c.jpg
Wonders never cease to amaze Steve!)

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
First, let me say that it is not at all my intent to dismiss, disregard, or otherwise ignore anyone's thoughts and/or opinions on the matter. I absolutely respect each and every member of this forum. Like all of you, I'm simply trying to gain a greater understanding of the situation and sharing my own thoughts and perspective.

Based on what little information I've gleaned from reading this thread, and perhaps I'm over-simplifying the events, at this point the image and it's contents are irrelevant. The reasons for it's initial removal are unclear to those not directly involved, but Bob was not banned for posting it--he was banned for re-posting it after it had been removed. To the Bartenders/Moderators, this could be perceived as defiance of their authority and/or an attempt to circumvent it (regardless of Bob's actual intent). People in a position of authority don't like that, and we all know that's what the Bartenders/Moderators are; they're here to keep the peace and enforce the overall decorum of The Lounge. I'm saddened by Bob's departure and by the way it happened, but I believe both parties bear some responsibility for it. Is it fair? Maybe, maybe not. But this isn't my playground, so it's not for me to decide.
It appears nobody was offended by the image, yet it was removed. Bob, being Bob, reposted. If you are into conspiracy theories you could almost see that as a setup.

From what I gather it's not so open and shut, but the apparent randomness of the whole situation makes me feel a bit uneasy.

I do see a lot of well thought out responses from people like Fruno, Danielle, yourself and a lot of others. Some agree with the mods, some don't. But all are carefully written and show respect to all concerned and that's a good thing. It's what makes this forum different.

I hope it keeps the friendly neighbourhood bar kind of vibe and that we can continue to share our love of hats here, without losing valuable and appreciated members.

Time for coffee!

Not that anybody asked for, or needs, my $.02, but just one comment on Bobgate.

And this is not making any comment on any moderator or any decision thereof specifically. Nor is it objecting to the rules of The Lounge, nor the right of the moderators/hosts to set said rules.

It's not unreasonable to ask, as many members have, for clarification on the rules, even if that explanation comes down to "we decide on a case by case basis," or " yes, we subjectively apply the rules as we see fit."
In the "Rules and Privacy and Copyright Policies" thread in the Fedora Lounge FAQ forum, in the very first post it states, "We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service [i.e., this website] at any time." So it's presumed that anyone who registers on The Lounge has read this, understands it, agrees with it, will abide by it, and will accept the consequences if they don't. I agree with you Jared, it's not unreasonable to ask for some clarification; the Bartenders are simply under no obligation to respond.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Absolutely amazing Sergej! Glad y'all love that hats. Inspiring, to say the least.

Thanks Harv. You should have seen the look on Femke's face when she realized the hat was for her.

Inspiring is the key word. Every new hat gives me ideas for more hats [emoji46]

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Again disagree. First, some of us have heard from Bob AND the Mods. Second, it's not a "conspiracy theory" to ask your hosts for clarification on a rule which seems to be enforced unevenly and arbitrarily. Nobody is "whining." Most every post I've seen has been a respectful reflection and attempt to understand the situation so that we can "evolve."

Right now, I'm not concentrating on Bob's plight as much as I'm trying to figure out what kind of place I'm frequenting and, as @Bamaboots stated, whether or not my hosts want to treat me as an adult or as a child.

The punchbowl analogy isn't about Bob, it's about the blow to the community and whether the Mods give rat's butt about the folks that frequent their establishment.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I do see where you & the others who have been affected by Bob's dismissal are coming from but.........
I've read all the previous posts regarding this matter & there was/is a very clear insinuation that a mod (or mods) had it in for young Bob......I'm not refering to your posts in particular but there was a general atmosphere of a conspiracy against Bob which probably fueled some animosity & mistrust towards the bartenders.
When folk go on & on, repeating the same thing, to me that's whining. Even though you state some people have heard from both Bob & mods, there still doesn't seem to be any clarification on the matter....or have I missed something ?
I guess when people behave like adults there are treated like them, some of the comments have been pretty childish......someone took their ball away & now they're sulking. .....if this matter is to be resolved satisfactorily for everyone I'm pretty sure that backing the mods into a corner with continual accusations of misdoings & threatening to leave the forum, isn't the best way to go about things. We don't yet know Bob's crime & it could be he has irredeemably crossed the line, in which case we will just have to be adult about it & accept that the moderator's decision is irrevocable......& let's not forget, this is just a forum, not real life, anyone can leave over this matter if they so choose but it may be a slight over reaction if they cut off their nose to spite their face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner