Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early '40's Cavanagh today. Happy Friday, everyone!
View attachment 100077 View attachment 100078
Incredible hat, great color, brim and crease. Everything aces!

Puerto Fino from Colombia. The felt on this hat is the nicest I own including a couple of 100% beavers. I,be only seen one other in my size since I bought this one a couple of years ago.
Have a fine Friday
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a beautiful hat, the felt quality comes through the lens of the camera. I'll have to keep my eye out for one of these.

Howdy all!
Every so often I have to take a step outside of the ol' comfort zone. This Bailey was made around 1980, and sold in a now long closed western gear shop in my town. It's not the greatest hat, but it's fur felt, has a real leather sweat so decent for it's era. It was made for the PRCA, so I'm guessing it was one of Bailey's better quality offerings at the time. I put on a wide ribbon but may decide to go back to a more traditional one at some point.

0bd843880e80311cb5d079d5f84a6e01.jpg

Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts
Way to be out there John. That is a nice looking Bailey. I didn't know they made nice westerns.

Wearing my Silverbelly Stagecoach conversion...This flu season is a real butt kicker. I've been fighting it for two weeks and I can't get rid of this cough.
Take two fedoras and call me in the morning. Beautiful conversion, as usual. Feel better Terry.

So beautiful sir. Love the mode edge hats. This one is stellar.

The Borsalino Nutria in mirtillo loses most of it's mirtillo in this light. Oh well...
Merry Weekend! View attachment 100090 View attachment 100091 View attachment 100092 View attachment 100093 View attachment 100094
Nice, very nice. The lines of this homburg are great, the diamond suits it.

great hats today!
30s/40s Stetson Standard Quality Crush Weight
Super Justin, this one has great classic lines. The light weight felt must be nice.

Gannon in Natural

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
The natural is a natural, great hat Rodolfo.

Temps have dropped lately and I've picked back up on my fedora wearing. Tonight I'm in and out of the shop getting duck hunting gear loaded up sporting my only Resistol. Couple of moth nibbles but I really like this hat.
4d5fe3bb0ff83b58fed1679c1994fa60.jpg
fd951a5b40ea7472680eff0243c0bf36.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Welcome Ryan. Very nice looking Resistol. Impressive crease work.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

This is a beautiful hat, the felt quality comes through the lens of the camera. I'll have to keep my eye out for one of these.

Way to be out there John. That is a nice looking Bailey. I didn't know they made nice westerns.

Take two fedoras and call me in the morning. Beautiful conversion, as usual. Feel better Terry.

Super Justin, this one has great classic lines. The light weight felt must be nice.

Thanks Mike!
Had it been a nicer Western, it may have been converted a long time ago...but still not a bad hat. I've seen Bailey products that were a lot cheaper made.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
T Jones made the suggestion that rather than converting (or making crude attempts at converting) all the western hats I've been buying to fedoras, I should try wearing some of them as westerns. I know, novel idea.

First attempt is a 6X Stetson that I took some of the curl out of the brim:

fd41ac7a0004629699ae9285b3f29a64.jpg
c84e8abe6c4f14ff1d6168dfa004b925.jpg
6d4c87eea9f813f720e05246fd1b33a0.jpg

This is all new to me.

You got it Deadly! Don’t convert it just wear it! Urban Cowboy!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

Thank you, Red. I'd better take three fedoras. Just messed up the ol' back yesterday too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay