Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Getting the pad ready for the pellet stove.I'm going to be warm this winter....:)

P1050362_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Dundee

A-List Customer
Camp Draft in Colquitt

DCP_3686-1.jpg

I wore my Silver Belly Camp Draft when I visited Colquitt the weekend. We were able to see many of the murals and also were able to see the Swamp Gravy play. If you are ever in the area you will have a wonderful time.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Garrett said:
D man, can you post a liner shot of the lee?

Unfortunately the liner was gone when I got it.
It's got a nice suede finish to it- very thin, floppy felt. The brim is highly flanged in the back. It's a very comfortable, unimposing hat.

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4787.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
Knox Tom 'n' Jerry

Tom-n-Jerry.jpg

Nasty weather today, so I wore my ugliest hat. It's a black Knox Tom 'n' Jerry with a metallic bronze colored wide ribbon with an outrageous bow. But it's soft-soft-soft and its stingy brim doesn't give the wind a handle to blow it off.

Sue

Torpedo

One Too Many
Donny, a nice Western style outfit, with a very appropriate hat. Please upload a larger pic nex time! ;)

Frijoli, great hat, in a great colour, fittingly complementing your ensemble.

Dinerman, I like that crease - it works well with your particular attire in the pic. Is looks very Montana-Peak-esque in that angle, although I see in the "inside" pic that it is not that. Can we see other angles?

Torpedo

One Too Many
For me today, a borderline-stingy Knox, in a front pinch porkpie crease, à la Popeye Doyle, but with front brim down. I rarely wear snap-brim hats with the brim turned up all around, even in casual dress - I do not feel like it works for me.

DSC_0795.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Shudde Bros Open Road

This 1961 Shudde Bros Open Road arrived on my noggin via Sue, who kindly flicked it my way when it turned out to be too big for her. It arrived with an LBJ cattlemen's crease and has since been given a tear drop and front pinches - in fact, not long after this shot was taken this morning I deepened the pinches and gave it a more generous swoop.

It's a seriously well made hat. I can see why old Mr Shudde was revered for his skills. And Sue - it fits me like it was made for me. (Though I'm still not quite sure the big, wide Texas look suits this Aussie scone).

SDC10285.jpg
SDC10284.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Many thanks Brother Spats. I'm not used to such a large lid but it's growing on me.

(I hear a whisper that the Texans reckon it was Mr Shudde and not Mr Stetson who created the Open Road....ssshhhhh).

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ephraim Tutt said:
This 1961 Shudde Bros Open Road arrived on my noggin via Sue, who kindly flicked it my way when it turned out to be too big for her. It arrived with an LBJ cattlemen's crease and has since been given a tear drop and front pinches - in fact, not long after this shot was taken this morning I deepened the pinches and gave it a more generous swoop.

It's a seriously well made hat. I can see why old Mr Shudde was revered for his skills. And Sue - it fits me like it was made for me. (Though I'm still not quite sure the big, wide Texas look suits this Aussie scone).

SDC10285.jpg

ET, that looks just fine on you; don't forget, your native company Akubra makes the Camp Draft and it has a similar width brim--and thats not even counting all the other wide brims coming from them. Bet you are one of the few down there to have a gen-u-wine Shudde Bros. hat!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billysmom said:
Tom-n-Jerry.jpg

Nasty weather today, so I wore my ugliest hat. It's a black Knox Tom 'n' Jerry with a metallic bronze colored wide ribbon with an outrageous bow. But it's soft-soft-soft and its stingy brim doesn't give the wind a handle to blow it off.

Sue

Awright lady! :eek: Ticket is in the mail-Disorderly Conduct by Stingy....it will take the whole crew of Lounge lawyers to spring you from this one! :D

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Too right, Mr P! Akubra pinched the Open Road design from their days making them under license for JBS - then changed the name to Camp Draft to give it an Aussie flavour. I'm just more used to seeing stingy to medium brims on my melon. I gotta say it's a comfortable hat to wear and feels like it was tailor made for me.

And yep pardner - I reckon you're right - I'm the only Aussie Pilgrim sportin' a genyoo-wine Texan Shudde Bros lid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace