Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks!
Going with the Stephen L. Stetson on a grey afternoon.

672519ab5d420a311c64d7ac623ec2c5.jpg
9790a785dad92bf155c5ea3d20d717e8.jpg
2f61de9e126ac9bf33bd2a68f60f5166.jpg

Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts
I like that one man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful hat Moe! That's the exact bash I'm trying to get in my Campdraft. So far it's fighting me.
Thanks daddy0!
This old felt creases beautifully. I have limited experience with Akubra hats, but what I have tells me the felt can be stubborn. If steam isn't working, try distilled water in a spray bottle on fine mist and see if the felt is more moldable.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
:( Thanks, wow that is Alaska like cold.
interior Alaska at that.

Can't beat a Stormy Kromer!
They do know how to make a dandy cap. Many years ago I had one of the original types, but I wore that into the ground long ago.

The cold has been brutal. -26 here Monday morning and -20 this morning. Warmed up to 18 today but is suppose to get cold again. How long 'til Spring????:(
After many winters in a row of above average temps it is a bit of a turnabout.

Survival mode! That Stormy Kromer is a cool looking warm hat.
Thanks Red. There is a reason railroad workers favor the Kromer.

And I thought it was cold in my neck of the woods at 11F
We didn't make 11 today. Actually, I see the high is supposed to come at midnight at about 11 degrees. Shortly followed by the high for tomorrow with dropping temps throughout the day tomorrow.

Stormy to the rescue. After the record breaking temps, a Stormy and coat will carry the day.
I've got to say I was completely comfortable out there today with the Stormy, the Moncler down jacket and the Filson bibs. I guess I shouldn't forget the Norwegian made LL Bean sweater or the LaCrosse pac boots in that equation. If the last few days are setting the trend for the winter I may actually get to make use of my rather over extensive collection of cold weather gear. Oh boy. ha ha.

Michael

Funny you should say that Red. My wife came in the house yesterday morning and said if we are going to have to put up with Alaska temps she wants the mountains of Alaska.
I was up in Anchorage in 75-77 and again in the early 1980s. It was 38 below when I stepped off the plane wearing my USAF Summer Blues in January 1975. Saw 72 below in Fairbanks for a day.

What's in the 10 and 5 gallon tanks to your right, Nice Borsalino by the way.
The top tank is a 29 with South American plantings with Cardinal Tetras and a school of Rummy Nose tetras. The bottom is a 20 gallon for my wife with some live bearers. I've been keeping fish since the early 1970s, these four tanks were all I could negotiate with SWHMBO.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I was up in Anchorage in 75-77 and again in the early 1980s. It was 38 below when I stepped off the plane wearing my USAF Summer Blues in January 1975. Saw 72 below in Fairbanks for a day.
That's cold!! We haven't got that bad yet, thank goodness. My brother-in-law served in Alaska in the Air Force. Yep he said it was ridiculously cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy