Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Thanks Tim!

This is still one of my favorites, and a frequent "go to"

Alley Kat
b1faadf205cf1c1d766bf76983f28157.jpg
2b4e49a7cdb96eb05a276c4776915595.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Love that tall crown and wide brim Harv. Works perfect with the color

Cold and windy today. And dark!
5f3dc883d816b6a3359ca6fd7a2d83cc.jpg
51f031e74c30dab464096ed0471804ac.jpg
f280390d008a00e12bf38155bb3c478d.jpg

Weis in Hellgrau.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
The white hat apparition arising from the dark! great hat Serge

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That cape just work so well with the deerstalker. Hope your head survives.
Thanks Red. My head survived, but with some lingering pain. Much better today.

Early to the office today so indoor shots of this Stetson Twenty-Five OR
9bcf65399468ca6ddd48167a30b6c130.jpg
acfd2d5cc69f8d6d350f75a9b972d008.jpg

Have a fantastic day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great looking 25 Richard. Do you know the color name of the felt?

Germania again. Picture makes it look a really high crown. Doesn't feel that way in reality.

View attachment 101529
Thanks steur. That does look like a tall crown. How tall does it measure?

Excellent Michael, I like the suit too
Thanks Richard. I"m very keen on that suit too. While I was taking a quick look through my favorite thrift today I was highly complimented on the hat and clothes.

Thanks all for the likes and comments,
Michael

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Daniele, the felt on that Carlton looks luscious

I think they're looking pretty good

Nothing like a wide brim Borso Bob, especially in navy

I like the shape on both of these. The extra height on the Resistol is a little more 30s-40s looking but both are great. Glad you are moving around. Back pain is miserable.
Thanks

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Love those 100 hats.

Daniele that is a beautiful hat. The felt just makes me want to reach through the computer screen and touch it.

Excellent Michael, I like the suit too

Moon, you and that Strat just look natural together

Great looking 100, looks mint

That is BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for all of the likes and nice comments on the 100.

This is my first 1950s era 100 and I am impressed. The felt is not stiff like the 1960s era ones, and I got lucky in that this one is in near mint condition. One of the nicest hats that I have ever handled.

Looks like I may need to move one of my 1960s 100s in the near future.

Really late to the party today (gotta finger out this tapatalk thingie!) Had a nice visit with Mike Miller today in Eugene. Picked up a sweet Knox for shipping to @steur along with some other gems. Mike re-sized and re-flanged the Hückel Chamois that I got from France at the end of summer. Wore my new Mallory XV down to show him. He thinks the brim binding might have been replaced early in this hat's life. Hand stitched, not sure if this would have come from the factory that way.
Mike has a pile of almost 100 custom orders sitting on his desk. He is a busy boy!

9Jan18 NW Hats trip Mallory.jpg
9Jan18 Huckel refurb front.jpg
1Nov17 Huckel NW trip side.jpg

MondoFW

Practically Family
Really late to the party today (gotta finger out this tapatalk thingie!) Had a nice visit with Mike Miller today in Eugene. Picked up a sweet Knox for shipping to @steur along with some other gems. Mike re-sized and re-flanged the Hückel Chamois that I got from France at the end of summer. Wore my new Mallory XV down to show him. He thinks the brim binding might have been replaced early in this hat's life. Hand stitched, not sure if this would have come from the factory that way.
Mike has a pile of almost 100 custom orders sitting on his desk. He is a busy boy!

View attachment 101588 View attachment 101589 View attachment 101590
Awesome hats, thanks for sharing. I especially like the off-white one. Do you know much about Knox hats, by the way? My beloved Homburg is a Knox, and I'm not familiar with the reputation and quality of this hatmaker.

Awesome hats, thanks for sharing. I especially like the off-white one. Do you know much about Knox hats, by the way? My beloved Homburg is a Knox, and I'm not familiar with the reputation and quality of this hatmaker.
Very fine hats, these Knox. I have a couple and love them both. Have we seen this Homburg? I have an early 50s Knox hommie in black that is a super hat. The hat that I sent off to the Netherlands today is their Westlite model. Wonderful felt, light as a popcorn fart, and just an all around great hat. The dedicated thread to read is the "School of Hard Knox", and also the "Homburg Nation". You will find the wisdom of the ages.

MondoFW

Practically Family
Very fine hats, these Knox. I have a couple and love them both. Have we seen this Homburg? I have an early 50s Knox hommie in black that is a super hat. The hat that I sent off to the Netherlands today is their Westlite model. Wonderful felt, light as a popcorn fart, and just an all around great hat. The dedicated thread to read is the "School of Hard Knox", and also the "Homburg Nation". You will find the wisdom of the ages.
On mobile, it won't let me send photos, because the file sizes are supposedly too large. The hat is the same one I posted about in the eBay thread, the one that's my first Vintage. This is a quality piece, for sure. It's a charcoal gray in most lighting, but it's not dark enough for black tie affairs. The box has a very pretty design too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran