Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Out in a bit of a thaw...

012118_1.jpg

012118_2.jpg
Wow! Beautiful long hair. Great to see you, and another of your outstanding hats.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Going out tonight to a fine Italian restaurant, sooooo...Borsalino. I think this Angora has become one of my favorite hats. The brim gets kind of wonky, but this hat really just does what it wants to. It eats steam and just goes back to a tight pinch and fluffy brim curl. Kind of like it's independence.
New Mercedes Benz pin for the trip as well. This rare 1960s European pin is going to be a part of this hat's personality from now on!

21Jan18 Borsalino front.jpg
21Jan18 Borsalino side.jpg

Thanks for your notes... it's good to have a new picture to share on this thread.

Just adorable, bit light for my colouring but you look amazing. I have a '53 light grey borsalino that I don't wear much cause it's too light. I can't remember why it's dated 53 but it was dated here. Best hat I have. I think we're the same size, it's a 57cm. It's a proper hat Alan. It's the only hat that gets the most comments. Do you have a comparable dark hat that wants to journey, cause this would look amazing on your crown?

Thank you Karl. I have quite a few hats and I suspect I have a good number that might be your size. I've had some stuff to deal with in recent weeks - when I come up for air I hope to have the time and inclination to thin the herd a little. Will keep you posted.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
That's what happens after too many Cervezas & Tequila shots. Thanks for letting me know but I don't know how to fix it & it's a page or more back now.
Going out tonight to a fine Italian restaurant, sooooo...Borsalino. I think this Angora has become one of my favorite hats. The brim gets kind of wonky, but this hat really just does what it wants to. It eats steam and just goes back to a tight pinch and fluffy brim curl. Kind of like it's independence.
New Mercedes Benz pin for the trip as well. This rare 1960s European pin is going to be a part of this hat's personality from now on!

View attachment 103652 View attachment 103653

Greetings All:
Hey Red...gotta love a hat that has it’s own mind. It’s like, talking to you about what it wants to be. I call that a hat with a soul and they seem to become favorites fast. Your Angora made me grab my Disney Camel Hair that looks to be a twin. She speaks when it’s time to go. So...Wonk on in that puurrfect Angora!! Suits you well.
Be well. Bowen

Wesslyn

Practically Family

View attachment 103652 View attachment 103653
I dig the wonkiness. It's got character.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Thanks. One benefit of upland hunting is that it makes hat collecting seem very cheap. That’s my only hat with a feather so I decided to go big, but it’s best not to think of the price per feather, ha.
Thanks for your notes... it's good to have a new picture to share on this thread.

Thank you Karl. I have quite a few hats and I suspect I have a good number that might be your size. I've had some stuff to deal with in recent weeks - when I come up for air I hope to have the time and inclination to thin the herd a little. Will keep you posted.
Cool as. K

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I was quite distracted these days and only this morning I realized how many magnificent hats have passed over your heads
Super complimenti loungers :)

afftef.jpg

The series of "everyday hair" continues today
2u4h56a.jpg

"Qualità Superiore" Borsalino. Sold in the Borsalino store of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele in Milan
ib9n36.jpg

Gray felt probably "Amiata" The paper label is modern and does not contain the name of the color
9u4553.jpg

The hat was produced in 2002 in a felt with very nice finishes, in short-pile felt
2vdpclg.jpg

Another hat in the series of classics of the last fifty years worn by Italian men

Good Monday!

RJR

I was quite distracted these days and only this morning I realized how many magnificent hats have passed over your heads
Super complimenti loungers :)

afftef.jpg

The series of "everyday hair" continues today
2u4h56a.jpg

"Qualità Superiore" Borsalino. Sold in the Borsalino store of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele in Milan
ib9n36.jpg

Gray felt probably "Amiata" The paper label is modern and does not contain the name of the color
9u4553.jpg

The hat was produced in 2002 in a felt with very nice finishes, in short-pile felt
2vdpclg.jpg

Another hat in the series of classics of the last fifty years worn by Italian men

Good Monday!
Nice,Daniele.

Well, happy birthday to Mike! (@Redfokker). You make 39 look good.

So I enter Day One of the government shutdown, which doesn't effect me (yet). So you can rest assured that at least one person is laboring away to complete forms and briefings which keep our country safe from the scores of eeebil Eastasians - er - Eurasians.

Whatever.

So I asked my self this morning, I said, "Self, what hat could you wear to mark ol' Mike's latest trip around the sun?"

I settled on the Frunoliner, because it seems to make him happy when I wear it.

24a40ac10f06ee526c61e0c70ce9adad.jpg
716907a07e7dcac7f69431ed23f63941.jpg
ec9d2a86903c24ebf2ee560f280f94c2.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Well, happy birthday to Mike! (@Redfokker). You make 39 look good.

So I enter Day One of the government shutdown, which doesn't effect me (yet). So you can rest assured that at least one person is laboring away to complete forms and briefings which keep our country safe from the scores of eeebil Eastasians - er - Eurasians.

Whatever.

So I asked my self this morning, I said, "Self, what hat could you wear to mark ol' Mike's latest trip around the sun?"

I settled on the Frunoliner, because it seems to make him happy when I wear it.

24a40ac10f06ee526c61e0c70ce9adad.jpg
716907a07e7dcac7f69431ed23f63941.jpg
ec9d2a86903c24ebf2ee560f280f94c2.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Love that ribbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24