Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
D, thank you very much. I'm terrible at putting a date on these things but most indicators seem to be 30's-40's. It came from the estate of this fellow, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_Wulsin_III, who apparently wore it while riding with the Ranchero Vitadores. Here's a pic carouselvic posted of him from a program provided to members and guests when on the ride. I believe it may be from the 1941 ride, though I may be wrong about that as well.
View attachment 109252

Wow great history on that hat and you keep it in such pristine condition. I didn’t think it was that old, but I guess nutria as a hat fabric would be more popular back then. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mallory "The Dallas" for me today
2352d298137e23ed54129223c850c6ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

One I forgot to post yesterday. It was a two hat day. Bit of a neglected hat: Garibaldi (probably made by Cervo). I have given it a sharper pinch since yesterday (I think it needed that).

View attachment 109250

The Garibaldi was outgunned, outmatched and out-everythinged by today's Barbisio. Provided by Daniele. Not a stormproof hat (it's a wee bit roomy), but soooo nice.

View attachment 109251
Both are stellar hats Stefan. But that Barbisio...just wow!

D, thank you very much. I'm terrible at putting a date on these things but most indicators seem to be 30's-40's. It came from the estate of this fellow, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_Wulsin_III, who apparently wore it while riding with the Ranchero Vitadores. Here's a pic carouselvic posted of him from a program provided to members and guests when on the ride. I believe it may be from the 1941 ride, though I may be wrong about that as well.
View attachment 109252
That is so cool! What a legacy hat.

View attachment 109253 View attachment 109254 Greetings All:
In honor of our world traveling brother, Nathaniel Finley, and his pursuit of our vicarious travels, today it’s two for him.
The Peters Bros. Fifty, he gave me the heads up on and “Old Faithful”, a 3x Last Drop 3 cord “twin” to his.
Nathaniel, this is what yours will look like in a decade or two.
Be well. Bowen
Great looking westerns Bowen. I kind of like the brim on the Peters Bros. Keep em coming!

Adventurebilt on this snowy weekend
95cdc6cd64e4c5162f28f03147628fab.jpg
334c364ce86bb11b2eba2a9c7aa235ea.jpg

Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great one Johnny, the classic lines go well with that cool jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy