Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
The cap is cool Michael and I do love a great Resistol hat.
Thanks CS77. Resistol was making some cool hats in that era.

That is one great ensemble Michael. That color is fantastic! I always get a kick out of that Canadian cap, it is so...Canadian!

Nice NW Jay. Real crisp looking brim, 2"?
Thanks Red. I think the cap will be getting quite a bit of wear once the cold weather changes to cool biking weather.

That Hi-7 is a bonkers, bonkers, bonkers hat! Crazy cool color.
Thanks Matt. Your new Knox'burg is a true thing of beauty.

Thanks all,
Michael

Need some good storage ideas for all my hats... what are the best and worse ways to store them?

Since you're a new guy, I'll share the secret. But don't tell anybody.

The secret is to Googoo search your topic, adding fedora lounge. In this case, "hat storage fedora lounge" turned up ALL THESE THREADS on the topic, sir. Now you've got some reading to do!!

Enjoy, and don't forget to show us what you end up with.

Oh, BTW; Stetson Deluxe, over a late 1960s era Pendleton. Who can afford a new shirt?
DSC03112.jpg DSC03113.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Great collection this week Jeff. I like that '70s looking leather too.

Nice crease and brim on that one Dd.

I'm pretty fond of this color too. And I would guess that it's my usual OR, that is I probably wear it almost as often as all of my other ones combined. Seems to sit on my head particularly well.

Michael

Thanks! It’s a great jacket I found last summer at an antique shop, but alas, parts of it seem to tear or crumble with even a gentle touch. Is that what they call dry rot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

End of the week I was outside happily wearing a vtg. Stetson Stratoliner. This was advertised as being "Cadet Blue."

i-8t4TsJZ-M.jpg

i-8hXhVQt-M.jpg

i-jZFw3NK-M.jpg

Traveling/working this weekend I grabbed a pic of my cap, gunboats and coffee during a "travel wait."

i-KC8BcSz-M.jpg

This evening I arrived home and needed to complete some outside chores before the forecasted big storm. I wore a vtg. blue Mallory.

i-MLBPc82-M.jpg

i-TzkVJhq-M.jpg

i-xGdHfWJ-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
That's a glorious blue colour on that Stetson, Eric.

Two hat day. For services this morning I wore Black Sheep Hat Works "Goldfinch" in silverbelly.

View attachment 109426 View attachment 109427 View attachment 109428

This afternoon I wore a 60s Stetson XXX for the first time. This is a conversion piece by our own @bond. Love the light sage color on this hat.

View attachment 109429 View attachment 109430 View attachment 109431
Two super hats, Bill. The Stetson conversion is most excellent, but the Goldfinch would get my vote!

Took advantage of the brief respite in the cold, cold rain to get outside with this Borsalino velour
DSCN8972 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN8969 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN8970 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The wind has some serious bite and I can see that on the odd chance I do get out of the house again I'll have to add a raincoat and switch to a very tight fitting cap with earflaps. Maybe even the wellies. But for now
3-5-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Feels like a Monday here, hope you are faring better,
Michael
Very interesting hat, Michael. Any idea about its age?

In this swing of the weather that has snowed two days and then it rains uninterruptedly it is difficult to wear hats
2n7glc2.jpg

I inaugurate March with the last Borsalino purchased
n1bk7n.jpg

Sold in Turin in the late forties or early fifties it has arrived in excellent condition until now
5rx1t.jpg

Color is "Bronzo" and the type is "Faunosca" color of the ribbon is matching
14kk6zl.jpg

Proportions are: brim at 7 cm. and low point of the crown at 11 cm.
1puec4.jpg

Have anice Monday!
With a bit more sunshine that hat would steal the show, Daniele. The faunosca is a great model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails