Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Was out on a big hathunting spree yesterday, but hardly any luck I'm afraid. Did it under my King Felton, seen here behind the reward I gave myself anyway.

View attachment 110011

Today was time for a more spring-suitable hat; Knox Westlite (refurbished by Mike Miller).

View attachment 110012
Greetings Steur et al:
Again with the never ending hatatorium! Thanks. Sublime!
Thank you Steur for all your kind words in my regard. It means alot. Good go Sir.
Be well. Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
We are in for a few days of spring like weather in the high 60s. Throwing straw rules to the wind, the NW Hats Blue Duplex with gills. I just can't keep my hands off this one. I really dig it. It does kind of straddle the rules, felt and Cuenca, keeps the felt police at bay.

View attachment 110013 View attachment 110014 View attachment 110015
Greetings Red et al:
First i want to thank you for all your kind words and comments for my posts. I have a hard time keeping up with this place. Thanks for doing my homework on Mystery Black too. Very thoughtful again. You are a class act Sir, and that bi-colored straw is well matched.
Be well. Bowen

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Thanks to everyone for all the likes and kind words on my recent posts.
Today, the Stephen L. Stetson.

a7e3b068ee306c81df3724beda048a9f.jpg
2e1fbcd0e5c9acfea187dbf602f4bb70.jpg
5b2e4f2b7bf04b924c8fe8c7df5943db.jpg

Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Both will do, but the first one works best with the combination I think, Michael.
Thanks for the advice steur. That's what I thought too, so I went with it.

It is a fantastic looking hat, Michael. Love the way it goes with that lovely three piece suit.
Thanks again, steur. I agree and I do like this suit a lot. Might be the first time I've had it out.
DSCN9136 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I should probably lengthen the pants a bit.

Now that’s a sharp hat!
Wear it in good health
Johnny
Thanks Johnny.

Was out on a big hathunting spree yesterday, but hardly any luck I'm afraid. Did it under my King Felton, seen here behind the reward I gave myself anyway.

View attachment 110011

Today was time for a more spring-suitable hat; Knox Westlite (refurbished by Mike Miller).

View attachment 110012
A pair of great hats. Hope you have a better hat hunting expedition next time.

We are in for a few days of spring like weather in the high 60s. Throwing straw rules to the wind, the NW Hats Blue Duplex with gills. I just can't keep my hands off this one. I really dig it. It does kind of straddle the rules, felt and Cuenca, keeps the felt police at bay.

View attachment 110013 View attachment 110014 View attachment 110015
I could see how you would want to rush into the season with that hat. It's a gem. I'm not quite ready for straw season, but I am starting the hunger for some spring weather at least.

Thanks all,
Michael

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I've been waiting a few days to post this. Today I'm rockin' my new Aero A-2 and my Mallory Eagle (posted also in the "What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?" thread. :p View attachment 110016 View attachment 110017
Greetings Strummer et al:
BITCHIN A-2! And an Aero. That’s how ya call out those leather youngbloods! Sweet look! I like your style! Good Mallory too. You be movin up. You outta change your name to “YoungThumper”. Ha
Be well. Bowen

Yahoody

One Too Many
Dobbs Hanover Square gets the call again on a very chilly morning
DSCN9112 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9113 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9114 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9115 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
it's becoming a serious contender for favorite status.
DSCN9124 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9131 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Off for a little trip to the library in a bit.
Hope your Saturday is getting off to a good start
Michael

Michael, every time i see one of your "full monty" posts I can't help thinking of ZZ Top's, "A sharp dressed man". Well done! :cool: Be yourself, if you can't be yourself, dress like Michael.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Well, it sure is a beauty...very classy.
Thanks Wyldkarma.

New local find. vintage Dobbs straw still in the box and lookin brand new.....

View attachment 110065
And speaking of classy. That's a nice Dobbs milan find. Great color and shape.

Love that tie too.....
Thanks again. It is a great tie. I'm thinking something out of the 40s.

Michael, every time i see one of your "full monty" posts I can't help thinking of ZZ Top's, "A sharp dressed man". Well done! :cool: Be yourself, if you can't be yourself, dress like Michael.
Thanks Yahoody. I saw ZZ Top play in one of the first concerts I went to. They were the opening opening act and I think hadn't yet recorded anything. In fact, I think they were an emergency fill in for a cancelled act and weren't even on the bill. The second act was The Who. And the headliner was Herman's Hermits. Ha ha.

You've been posting some great photos of some great looking hat's lately. I've been enjoying your hat making thread too.

Thanks all,
Michael

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Super hat Bob. The cord hat band is showy. Isn't their some official name for this style of band, I am missing it.

One of your sharper looks of late. Good that the weather is breaking so you can look this good, instead of the Nanook of the the North garb. Still loving that Dobbs.

The details of this hat are what draw me. The brim treatment and highlights on the ribbon really are special David.

Nice Resistol Richard, it looks like a daily driver, go-to hat.

Not bad for a beater Mike, very nice looking Knox.

Starship Trooper! When it comes to comparing myself to the other collectors around here, Dirty Harry's quote comes to mind..."A man has got to know his limitations."
This and a Stetson brown that looks a lot like it are the hats I grab on weekend mornings. It would look better if I had it rebuilt but is just too comfortable to change. Thanks

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Dobbs Hanover Square gets the call again on a very chilly morning
DSCN9112 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9113 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9114 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9115 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
it's becoming a serious contender for favorite status.
DSCN9124 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9131 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Off for a little trip to the library in a bit.
Hope your Saturday is getting off to a good start
Michael
Michael your are looking very sharp today. Than Hanover Square is killer with that suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner