Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Resistol 4X conversion with 3” brim.

81ae2966fda1c92166b9df5fcbd920ab.jpg

5b29ad2b0846b3dedba8a6a499bcb627.jpg

d1d514e3b592ff3a26d6856873d93407.jpg

b78c5f0daffac9da03d14db01ec98792.jpg

1e3b6292ce82f918003a475740d76c69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice color and finish Brent, did you do the conversion?

Nice color and finish Brent, did you do the conversion?

Thanks Richard. I did the conversion myself. all I really did was trim the brim to three inches, partially reblock the crown to remove some of the taper, ironed the brim and then re-flanged it a bit, and then creased it. It was a quick and simple conversion.

I bought a 3X in the same color at the same time. It will get a new wider ribbon and I’ll get the brim bound too. They aren’t the only style I like but these really tall crown (6.5”) and wide brims are fun to wear.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Super Stetson Tuk, love the color. The innards look to be in great shape.

Great finish and snap!

Thanks, for a late 50s hat, the finish is really fine, light and clay like.

That hat is amazing. Love seeing it.

This slim brim Cav is a sweet one. I call my my "Rat Pack" hat. It has been neglected with all the Europeans of late. Best felt, that is why Sinatra wore them.

You are way ahead of all of us being able to sport straws in public. These are excellent Rodolfo!

Two stellar Borsalinos D! I love the contrast on the Como. Looking great!

:):) Thanks D!

Of all the straws this week, I think this one is my favorite! The detail on that ribbon really sets it off.
Thank you my friend !!

Indeed I really like my grey Capricorn a lot !!! Different kind of straw, most have Brown shade, from cream to tobacco, but I love greys.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful hat.

I'm so impressed by what European makers were able to do with wool. The impression that I get (perhaps erroneously) is that on this side of the pond, the development of techniques for creating highly refined, soft, high wool content felts was something that lagged far behind you guys.

It may have just been the nature of the environment. When settling this great, sprawling land, we were awash in beavers. So much so they were hunted mercilessly to provide material for hats. With such a supply of what is a superior material to wool, there was likely little incentive to develop or maintain the techniques used in Europe.

That was my initial thought, too. But then I was thinking about the large amount of imported fur that (from stuff I read) seems to have predominated in the 20th century industry. And it makes me wonder what other factors may have come into play. Interesting...

The European makers of yarns deal with wool from millenia for everything as clothes, hats and so on. They know well that some amount of fur will improve some features of fabric. They are specialized and the hats made in those years are gems, both in pure wool and in mixed, the the history of hats change when there was the needing to macth the "new" fashion in selling hats.

A blue beauty Daniele

W O W!!!! That felt color is nothing short of amazing! Wonderful

Such a beautiful blue color Daniele. I'm a sucker for a blue hat, this one is outstanding.
Thanks to you all. My opinion about the blue color is possible in this way because the wool. We all know that the wool, mixed furs and simple fur have different way to dye. In fact the dyer was the most "secret" work in the hats line of production

Yes, I'm deeply saddened. Will have to release this one to head beater status. Hopefully the sweat is coming around enough to be nicely wearable for the next couple of years, if no longer pristine.

This is true, both a and b parts. But I have 3 Loden coats and I couldn't resist a Loden green hat. Ha ha.

Nice pair of hats there. I like that coat too.
Thanks, Michael. It's getting a little warmer over here, so this is a nice in between coat.

Very cool. That Konsul has a lovely finish, interesting brand. That Seton Hall really turned out to be a great hat. Great images, good to see them.
Thanks, Mike. The Konsul is of those German hats that come in brand names of every description. High quality though. The Seton Hall is of those go-to hats (at the moment); just a joy to wear. A great catch!

Good white late winter morning here in Minnesota.

Dog walk in my vtg. Lee Desert Tones.

i-zSFSQmp-M.jpg

Snow blowing and shoveling snow in my warm parka and a Stormy Kromer cap. This cap is a real working wool cap at my house.

i-xkQBJVk-M.jpg

Filled bird feeders and checked on the boathouse in the hat that has involved in the western expansion in the early US - a bowler. Early 1900's Stetson bowler. Love the crown vent and tall crown. It is nice and toasty on a cold snowy morning.

i-GsJqnH4-M.jpg

i-qnPmL46-M.jpg

i-d75R2X3-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Another fantastic parade of lovely looking hats, Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore