Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
You had me convinced, Matt! Man, I love this lid.

Thanks Charlie.

Me too. I absolutely love the subtle curve of the brim. I was thinking about that a little while ago and it occurred to me that the brim curve is just about the same as the curve of the Mona Lisa's smile. I then looked at some images of the painting. Sure enough....

I wonder if that's why I like it so much.

I have now passed into the "hat psychosis" phase of my hat problem.

It's too nice a day today to not wear my new Dobbs Rosebud. Think anyone will notice (or care) it's straw?

View attachment 116052

That's a killer straw.

"ROSEBUD..."

834c8d6d5c3f4c7f9b8fc4d2c0ac2ac9.jpg

Yesterday, Montana Peaks Hat company: custom Gus crease— one of my favorite hats that I almost never wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... That'un deserves more head time. Wonderful.

I may have to switch back to felt for my shopping trip, but I really felt like wearing this Penney's Solar Straw Hopoka today.
DSCN0533 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0532 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0531 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0551 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Supposed to be a lovely day here.
4-26-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Thursday,
Michael

Groovy hat. Fantastic photo of the sun shining through.

Many excellent hats this week.
Gannon

Dang...

Early bird gets the worn. Early morning out for a dog walk in a vtg. Adams. The blue gray felt has a unique hue in the brand new morning sun.

i-vcVjZb6-M.jpg

i-qXBV2Gw-M.jpg

i-pGvQwdW-M.jpg

Who runs out of coffee on a Thursday? Jeepers. I quickly went to our local roaster for a pound of coffee. Thank goodness they are open early. A vintage Stetson Stratoliner was my sty'ln hat.

i-8MZkb67-M.jpg

i-R2B5J9H-M.jpg

i-qMxxnh7-M.jpg

Heading down to the boat house to enjoy my morning coffee. The wind off the iced lake is still cool so I am wearing a vintage sage Stetson Stratoliner. This hat has had some unfortunate remove the bound edge. Handicaped hats matter!

i-b9FDmMs-M.jpg

i-sMFBqKr-M.jpg

i-Tmn4F93-M.jpg

It is only 9:00am and I will not have to head to work for a couple of hours. Plenty of time to get more items checked off the spring list and opportunities to wear hats.

Cheers! Eric -

All three rock.

Yes... HANDICAPPED HATS MATTER!

The Marathon under much missed Mr. Sol

I am blue with envy.

Boy oh boy...

vpi59s.jpg

Now this old French wool hat, dating back to before the II WW, was on the sofa ready to be worn, it get the honor for the old soldiers who never die

Gorgeous wool.

Superior Homburg Matt. I really like the grey/black look. You look very "adult" today, nice disguise!

Thanks Mike.

I pulled it off quite well until I opened my mouth.

Wonderful hats the last week everybody. Back from a few days away in sunny Dublin. Wore the Borsalino Argento there.

View attachment 116060

Yesterday was the borsalino in blue.

View attachment 116061

Today the borsalino saturno (new one for me).

View attachment 116062

Welcome back.

You've got yourself one heck of a Borsalino Brotherhood there.

good moring my fedora family

1920s Stetson Select Quality today. check out the overwelt

Yeah... That is a fantastic overwelt. I don't know if I have ever seen its like.
Wicked hat.

I get jealous of you guys (and that's most of you) who can just pop on a hat and make it look great. And vice-versa. I'm afraid I'm not one of you in that regard. If I weren't busy conducting a training right now, I'd be "liking" pretty much every post I see. So, this is a "global like" to all of you!

As one venerable member told me when I first came around... Most of it is "hatitude."

BE the hat... Have fun...

And remember...
5ee450e47d5fba3b885070810505e596.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Charlie.

Me too. I absolutely love the subtle curve of the brim. I was thinking about that a little while ago and it occurred to me that the brim curve is just about the same as the curve of the Mona Lisa's smile. I then looked at some images of the painting. Sure enough....

I wonder if that's why I like it so much.

I have now passed into the "hat psychosis" phase of my hat problem.

That's a killer straw.

"ROSEBUD..."

Yeah... That'un deserves more head time. Wonderful.

Groovy hat. Fantastic photo of the sun shining through.

Dang...

All three rock.

Yes... HANDICAPPED HATS MATTER!

I am blue with envy.

Boy oh boy...

Gorgeous wool.

Thanks Mike.

I pulled it off quite well until I opened my mouth.

Welcome back.

You've got yourself one heck of a Borsalino Brotherhood there.

Yeah... That is a fantastic overwelt. I don't know if I have ever seen its like.
Wicked hat.

As one venerable member told me when I first came around... Most of it is "hatitude."

BE the hat... Have fun...

And remember...
5ee450e47d5fba3b885070810505e596.jpg
Thanks, Matt.

Sears Pilgrim Westerner.

6be250c462308855db67c50c54c449e4.jpg

6807cc999c26bda1ae74246b799534a2.jpg

631eca2548f00bb3bc3763160920bd5a.jpg
Very cool Bob. Love the sweat and liner on this one.

Unexpected mtg. this afternoon had me leaving in a different costume. My jacket needed a coordinating vtg.Stetson Playboy. This 1940's unlined brown hat is a fav.

i-MwnmLP8-M.jpg

i-ZwHhV98-M.jpg

i-Hq3jPpx-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
One of the premier Playboys on the Lounge. The pristine liner logo is epic!

A simple hat with good blood lines. $7.50 at Buffalo's The Kleinhans sometime in the later 1930s. Note the very flat flange (not homburgian) and the fixed wind cord button, which serves only to hold the cord looped to attach to a jacket button.

042618_1.jpg

042618_3.jpg

042618_2.jpg

aristocrat9.jpg

Wow. Stan Zbyszko. Now there's a blast from the past.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Last sunny day for a while. Back to Oregon rain and felts for a week or so. Cappas panama for the day's errands. This was the first hat I bought from NW Hats at the beginning of my addiction. I forgot about the new pug I put on last summer. Like a new hat!

View attachment 116100 View attachment 116101
Very nice looking panama, Mike. Lucky you have the weather to wear it!

Very nice, Brent. I can see the logic (sort of) in the use of the X designation in a felt for beaver content, but in a straw? Beaver straw?

I feel the same way. I have a 100X Shantung... no idea what it means but since these lack any other designation on the sweats (I can’t remember what they were called when purchased) I identify them this way. I’m afraid it’s just a sales gimmick without meaning.

Wow. Stan Zbyszko. Now there's a blast from the past.

Thanks for that note. Buffalo has a big Polish population and I am more from the Bruno Sammartino era but I looked up Zbyszko after your comment. I didn't realize he played Gregorius in Night and the City. I've seen that film a dozen times. The fight at the end is one of the most powerful fight scenes in the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran