Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metropd

One Too Many
GClark said:
Beaver Brand Heritage
BeaverBrand.jpg

What color is that called? Can we have more of a description? Wonderful hat!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
daizawaguy said:
Out in my VS today...

December2009171.jpg

Nice hat, that's a great look.

I'm a newcomer to hats and am still sorting out my preferences. I think this photo is an excellent model of the classic or vintage crown profile. If you're ever going to like a classically proportioned hat, you're going to like that one a lot!

For my part, it helps me confirm a recent realization that for my own noggin a bit of taper and a less upright profile is best. But boy, I wish a hat like daizawaguy's would work for me. Gorgeous piece of kit, really.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
This afternoon I wore my reworked Akubra Federation. [reworked this afternoon]
I had Mike Moore cut the brim to 2 5\8s and sew a 6 lign bound edge on it.
I wanted a Aviator style hat and have named this one The Spruce Goose.
It was good I had a pin with that on it.:D
hpim5155.jpg

V

Rusty, that looks great with the rework! I really like a bound brim (from my OR addiction, I'm sure) but the re-shape of the back of the brim shown from the other shot, makes it perfect. That is very classy with its new rake and light up-turn at the binding. The Major, et al, did a great job on that! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Spats McGee

One Too Many
RBH said:
hpim5155.jpg

the pin...

goose2.jpg

V
That one looks good, Rusty! It strikes me as a little dressier than your usual thin ribbon models, but it's a good look for you.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Torpedo said:
Following the wake of some distinguished gentlemen here these past few days, I chose a Whippet too... its colours go great with earth-hued ensembles.

DSC_0877-1.jpg

DSC_0872-1.jpg
Nice! This whole outfit works for you, Torpedo!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
RBH said:
elvisroe, Matt, Mr Tutt, Bart and Bob, thanks for the kind words!
This was a hat that did not really get much wear from me, but now I think it will give some of the thin ribbons a run for the money!

You need to move closer! :D
Needless to say.. I did not wear this one long. The brim was a little wider than I favor. :)
The guy Mike made it for is 6'7'' and it fit him perfect!

hpim5147q.jpg
Wow. That is one BIG hat! Put it on a pole and you could use it to shade your patio. . .

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I also posted this in the new hats thread, but I just got this new Camp Draft, so I couldn't resist wearing it on a foggy, drizzly Arkansas morning.

RBH said:
elvisroe, Matt, Mr Tutt, Bart and Bob, thanks for the kind words!
This was a hat that did not really get much wear from me, but now I think it will give some of the thin ribbons a run for the money!

You need to move closer! :D
Needless to say.. I did not wear this one long. The brim was a little wider than I favor. :)
The guy Mike made it for is 6'7'' and it fit him perfect!

hpim5147q.jpg
Now THAT is a serious BRIM! :eek:

RBH said:
hpim5155.jpg

the pin...

goose2.jpg

V
For a wide ribbon, that is NICE!

GClark

One of the Regulars
Some really nice hats in the last day - Rusty, Torpedo (great look as always), daizawaguy in particular!

metropd said:
What color is that called? Can we have more of a description? Wonderful hat!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

metropd -

Sure. Ordered the custom teardrop. It is a 2 1/2 innch brim, 4 3/4 crown as shaped.
The color is "Steel" - see the colors at https://www.thefedorastore.com/TheFedoraStore-Center-Dent-Fedora-Hat-p/e1541.htm

A few more shots of the hat

BB.jpg

BB2.jpg

And here was Saturday - my VS thin ribbon

VS_strat-1.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
GClark said:
Some really nice hats in the last day - Rusty, Torpedo (great look as always), daizawaguy in particular!

metropd -

Sure. Ordered the custom teardrop. It is a 2 1/2 innch brim, 4 3/4 crown as shaped.
The color is "Steel" - see the colors at https://www.thefedorastore.com/TheFedoraStore-Center-Dent-Fedora-Hat-p/e1541.htm

A few more shots of the hat

BB.jpg

That's a very attractive hat - how does the felt quality compare with other new hat manufacturers (say, Akubra Heritage or :eusa_doh: Stetson?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats