Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Hairiest Hare Hat

Panizza Ediston. Even the bow is furry.
4193885570_3f59e30e6a_o.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Open Road

I have always had trouble describing the color of this lid. Buler's recent post of early 50's catalogues featuring Stetson western hats shows that "gold" was one of the available colors. I'm wondering if this might an example of Stetson's gold color in its western line... [huh]

GoldOR.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Scott Wood said:
I love that hat Scott :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Woody

Thanks Woody, Douglas - unfortunately it is very dirty and doesn't feel very nice. You can clean normal felt with a hat sponge and brush fairly easily, but these long hairs are a different story.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Stetson Open Road

I have always had trouble describing the color of this lid. Buler's recent post of early 50's catalogues featuring Stetson western hats shows that "gold" was one of the available colors. I'm wondering if this might an example of Stetson's gold color in its western line... [huh]

GoldOR.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Boxerken said:
OMG Indy No Jayhawks on that scarf, But I'm sure Alan and I both will forgive you.

Good to see you, Ken! Haven't seen you around lately. Hope all is well with you.

GClark

One of the Regulars
jimmy the lid said:
Stetson Open Road

GoldOR.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Whatever the color - looks great. And very good with the sportcoat.

DrewH

New in Town
Biltmore Royal

thought I'd break in my first post here to show you what hat I wore today. This pic I took earlier at work with my mobile phone which explains why you don't see it on my head. It's a Biltmore Royal and purchased it last year while visiting Chicago. Keeps my head warm and protected.

download

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wore another Whippet today. This one also displays the excellent crease provided by my friend, Jimmy, but this one worried me a bit. When Jimmy returned it, it took eight days to find its way home instead of the promised two or three. But it did arrive and was surely no worse for the absence. In fact, it's much better with Jimmy's teardrop.

IMG_0151_2.jpg

IMG_0158_2.jpg

This one is kind of interesting. The crown is shorter and a little more tapered than the others I have, but it's still a Whippet.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Beautiful day :)

Woke up this morning, but just barely:( Had no energy or will to get moving at the start but while I was finishing my first cuppa joe I thought which hat I would would wear, then what jacket would compliment it and vice versa, boots, scarf etc.
By that time I was rarin' to go :)
I owe this burst of energy to my Outback, Road Warrior:
100_0157.jpg

Start out with a good lid and the day just gets better and betterlol

Woody

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
IMG_0158_2.jpg

This one is kind of interesting. The crown is shorter and a little more tapered than the others I have, but it's still a Whippet.

Yup -- It's likely a mid-50's Whippet, with a crown that's not quite as full as something from the 40's (I have one of these, as well ;)). Still, it's a great looking hat. The color on that one is unique -- kind of a charcoal gray, but with a navy undertone. Really nice.

Looks great on you, Bob. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Mayser Superbe. One of only two raw edges in my collection.

mayser_superbe_12_18_09.jpg

Mario, nothing beats a raw edge, and the one you are wearing here is as good as they come. Best pic I've seen of you yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic