Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HANSOLOJONES

New in Town
Greetings Gentlemen. Here is my current Lid. An Akubra Fed Deluxe. I bashed it myself, Raiders of the Lost Ark Style. It's my Avatar, But I thought you guys would appreciate a bigger pic.

High Regards,
HSJ.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Hat of the Day: Champ Featherweight

I decided it was my turn to post the hat I wore today. It was a grey Champ Featherweight Kasmir Finish, one of, I think, three I own.

25july2007hatofthedaya.jpg

I had a job interview this morning, hence the suit. It was relatively cool, so I went with a lightweight felt. No, I didn't wear the hat into the building, but mostly due to the usual issue of not knowing whether there would be a safe place to put it and I didn't want to carry it around.

Cheers,
Tom

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks BJB, the second one is a vintage Montecristi in an uncommon Homburg style. It is an amazing hat and was kindly sold to me by our very own Marc, who also brought us those fantastic display photos.

The Fed looks great HSJ. Personally I get a lot of satisfaction creasing my hats myself.

TY, you certainly look damn happy. How is the felt on the Champ? is it light and soft?

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
DOUGLAS said:
TY, you certainly look damn happy. How is the felt on the Champ? is it light and soft?

Dressing sharp with a nice hat is what does it, Douglas! :D

Yes, the felt is indeed light and soft (and thin), yet not "floppy." It's got a good dense feel to it. I've got another one like the one I'm wearing, a brownish gray, and a third that's a gray that's more on the bluish side. I think that third one is a bit newer as it has a clear plastic teardrop-shaped liner sewn into the crown. One thing I didn't realize until just now is that the other two are from the same shop! Both came from Lowery's Clothing in Colorado Springs. I really need to take a closer look at these hats as I buy them! lol

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, BH! It went well... I think their biggest concern is the fact I live 92 miles away, which is a valid concern when you consider response times during after hours support (it's for a PC tech position.)

It sounds like a dream job, though... hopefully I'll be called back for a second interview!

Cheers,
Tom

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Greetings All...
Today I'm wearing my Akubra Snowy River (fawn)...It's actually a tad cooler today in Florida 93 instead of 100 degrees. Though I've been thinking about getting a Federation.....When it's warmer, I've been wearing my new Panama, that my mom picked up for me on a recent trip to Ecuador. It even came in the balsa box marked monticristi....:D

johnnycanuck

I have been wearing my Monticristi Optimo form Robert the last few weeks but the last two days I have broke out my Akubra Cattleman. I am used to my Snowy river or Down under, the holes in the crown of the Cattleman really help keep you cool. A lot more then I was expecting.
Johnny

deanglen

Douglas, you have hats that must make it hard to stop looking in the mirror after you put them on and adjust them. That 3x OR is almost bringing tears to my eyes...it's....so....perfect! I sold my 3x to Joel. I miss it. Great Hat!

dean

DOUGLAS

Yeah BH, I suppose I could do that but then it wouldn't be original. Looking for it is part of the fun.;)

DOUGLAS

Yes Tom there are still a few hats I don't have....YET.:) There are several here on the Lounge that I covet.:eek:

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
OK, off topic teaser...

Here's a couple of photos of my black OR. They're from the ebay auction. It deserves it's own thread, which I'll do later. For now, enjoy!

StetsonORBlackeBayphoto1.jpg

StetsonORBlackeBayphoto2.jpg

StetsonORBlackeBayphoto3.jpg

I've not tried to put in a bash yet. I want to practice on other hats before I do so.

Cheers,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo