Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1... wonderful stuff, as always. That snapper looks fierce.

My Tilley launched me on this great hat adventure of ours. I still wear it for all the sweaty activities.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
BR Gordon: I appreciate your kind words, thanks! I can think of no better way to end a day...

Blackthorn: Thank you!

Alan: Many thanks! That snapper has been around for a long time. Its carapace is at least 16 inches in length and I would not want to be on the receiving end of its powerful jaws. It appeared quite docile in the water and moved in and out of the weed beds with nonchalance.

I think many of us have Tilleys in the closet, and I still wear mine when we are on the water. When I bought my first Tilley over a decade ago it was an event when I spotted another fellow Tilley wearer, and invariably we would exchange a smile or a few pleasant words.

Now, whether it be at an outdoor art or music festival, Disneyworld, or hiking up north, Tilleys have become much more pervasive. The friendly exchanges are no more, as it seems that for most people, yours truly excluded, familiarity does breed contempt. Very few people even notice a fellow Tilley wearer anymore...

Last edited:

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
OG - nothing beats hanging at a nice outside cafe on a summer day. Great look for it as well.
Thanks, I always try to get to as many outside cafe's as i can during the summer, winters are way toooooo long ....;)

Caren and I were out in the sunshine in our Panamas today.

Her's - Panama Bob, Mine - Tom-n-Perris. I don't know why, but the ladies always seem to look much better in my hats than I ever do!

IMG2031b-L.jpg
You had better hold on tight to your Tumwater , your wife looks good in the Panama , she might want to try the Tumwater.....;)

Speaking of which, the more I see it, the more I lean in the direction of wanting one of those for myself......:D

Copper Topper with Silver Topper

I've had a team of guys on top of my house for three weeks now, replacing our 120 year old roof. Final work on the turret happening today. Here is the copper finial that will go up as the crowning touch.

I wore my new (for father's day) NPR t-shirt with a Knox Fifteen Milan.

062011.jpg

cheers,
Alan

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Triple post score - architectural element, great hat, and NPR shirt.

With a snapping turtle in the photo, you'd have it all. :)

Like the hat Alan...love the finial. I'd love to see pictures once it's in place.

Will do. They have 4 forty footers reaching up to the bottom of the turret. It's a little hard to watch.

I redid the rear porch roof over the weekend in cedar shingle. Second time since we bought the house that I've done that job. If it lasts as long as the first I'll have to do it again when I'm 82. I enjoy working on the house, but I couldn't get that scary thought out of my head!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Al - thank you. This Tumwater is one of my favorite hats.

Bowlerman - TonyB did just a fantastic job on this hat for me.

You had better hold on tight to your Tumwater , your wife looks good in the Panama , she might want to try the Tumwater.....;)
Speaking of which, the more I see it, the more I lean in the direction of wanting one of those for myself......:D

OG, I already have to get her a Panama of her own so don't go giving her other ideas! :D

I think you'd enjoy getting a hat from Tony. As you know, I have some from Art as well, it's great to have both!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looks like you had a wonderful Fathers' Day outing with your family, David. Great photos!

Thanks Al. A very enjoyable day indeed!

Your fishing evening looked to have been successful as well.

I love that green ribbon on your Panama, DJH, it looks great.

Thank you Blackthorn. This hat came from Tom-n-Perris from the forum. He does a very nice job with blocking and finishing Panamas. His ribbon work is especially cool!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That's a sweet looking hat. I assume an Echter Borsalino was made specifically for the German market, or was it made in Germany under license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo