Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garenb

New in Town
My newly acquired Dobbs.
IMG_0834.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Lefty, rlk's hat seems like something we might catch you wearing 'afield.
Looks like a spectacular weave, rlk.

today I'm wearing my new Falcon Park. Again. :)

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Wore the Dobbs Shantung today. Not too great a photo.

StrawHat.jpg

It got caught in some rain a bit back and survived well (brim flows even better than before), so I’ve taken to wearing it often. It’s much more durable than I would have thought.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Optimo Montecristi

Helping Lydia in the garden after work this afternoon. Clematis in full bloom.

At the lake after supper for a few casts with Ryan.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Robert: A magnificent Montecristi! Wonderful work from Graham et al.

garenb: Looking good in that Dobbs!

David: Congratulations on the beautiful Playboy. Outstanding!

B.J.: I like your Dobbs Shantung, it looks fantastic on you.

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
That hat is seriously killing me lol... Too nice! Any remote guess on WPI? Just love the look on that one, excellent. I love how you stuck wit a (very nice) black ribbon on this one.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thank you very much for your kind comments, gents!

That hat is seriously killing me lol... Too nice! Any remote guess on WPI? Just love the look on that one, excellent. I love how you stuck wit a (very nice) black ribbon on this one.

My sincere apologies, Jantjeuh, and I am afraid you will have to put up with many more photos of this hat as I am finding it irresistible. lol I am having a tough time wearing any other hat this Summer. The WPSI is in the range of 1023 (31X33), but the eveness and smoothness of the weave, and its color, are what I find particularly alluring.

Is it the mystery of the lens or is the brim a little wonky? Love the ribbon.

Probably a little of both. Graham used very little stiffener on this hat, and the 3-1/8" brim has a very pronounced snap front and rear, as seen to better effect in profile. I adore its softness and relaxed but crisply blocked form. The weave and the wide brim impart a capricious swagger which I find especially delightful.

George's Hattery of Nashville. I found this about 25 years ago in an antique shop in Detroit.

What a great looking hat, Perry!

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys. I've always admired the look of the Playboy so I was rather pleased to be able to get hold of a very nice example.

Nice Playboy! I have to admit it gives you a very different visual persona from your usual Tumwaters and VS's (and of course the rainy day CD).

Hi BJ. The brim is 2 1/4. I have come to prefer wider brims in the last couple of years, but I still like the style of this hat. By the way, I like the look of your Dobbs. Is that a newer model or vintage?

Perry

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great hats, Dave, Hedberg and Al.
pw001-8.jpg

George's Hattery of Nashville. I found this about 25 years ago in an antique shop in Detroit.

Thanks Hatto! Love the colour of George's hat there.

Nice Playboy! I have to admit it gives you a very different visual persona from your usual Tumwaters and VS's (and of course the rainy day CD).

Cheers Bman! Yes, it is rather different isn't it? Back in the TW Silverbelly today though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo