Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Thank you that you ask Alan, Josh and Ale, yes it is everything ok! The operation was last Thursday
An intestine operation! 20 cm have been removed! He was to long!
She may eat again, and if all goes well she should to the weekend back home.

Serious, yes, an idiot stole me my parking lot

Josh, stunning Milan today!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: Another Borsalino precious metal. Looks super.

Ale: Really like this Whippet on you. Something rogue about it. Must be the crease.

Manfred: Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your wife. Nice looking lid today!

Josh: Outstanding job on that Milan. Love the ribbon.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I was going to say something about Batavia then thought better of it. Some of my favorite Lounge hats hail from Batavia.

;) lol :eyebrows:

By the way, Alan, your Little Big Man is the bomb! :eeek: Astro-Physics instruments are incredible. Veritable works of optical art. It is too bad that they no longer make their 10" Maksutov-Cassegrain.

99benzman

New in Town
Today was my first full day in my Akubra Capricorn. I love this hat!! I did not realize how sexy I am in a hat no wonder girls are looking and smiling as they say hello...

akubracapricron1.jpg

akubracapricron2.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Alan, being able to peer at your astronomical work makes me feel quite fortunate, not unlike a peasant catching a glimpse of the royal coach speeding by. Thanks for posting. :)

Mt. Wilson is my old stomping ground. My father worked at JPL for decades.

;) lol :eyebrows:

By the way, Alan, your Little Big Man is the bomb! :eeek: Astro-Physics instruments are incredible. Veritable works of optical art. It is too bad that they no longer make their 10" Maksutov-Cassegrain.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was fortunate to acquire my Astro-Physics scopes before the waiting list got unmanageable (it currently runs 10 years for some designs). I have 4 scopes, from 92mm to 255mm in aperture. Little Big Man is from a small run of very fast fluorite refractors that were made using glass from Zeiss when they left the amateur instrument business. I'm not sure how I signed up for the 10" mak early enough but I received one of the last ones produced. The lens sets were sourced from the Ukraine. When they came in, Roland was unhappy with the specs and wound up refiguring both the meniscus and the primary mirrors for each. It took five years to finish the 32. By making the mirrors aspheric, he was able to use a very small secondary mirror. The result is a 10" reflector less than a meter long that functions much like a 10" refractor. It is an incredible planetary instrument which is unlikely to be made again.

Sorry for the digression, but do I love these things about as much as I do hats. :) Here are my four Astro-Physics scopes posing for a family portrait.
4aps.jpg

Alan, being able to peer at your astronomical work makes me feel quite fortunate, not unlike a peasant catching a glimpse of the royal coach speeding by. Thanks for posting. :)

Mt. Wilson is my old stomping ground. My father worked at JPL for decades.

I'm glad to know you enjoy seeing them, Randall - thank you! I had hoped to visit JPL my last trip out there but my contact there was out of town. He said that security is such that you want a friend behind the curtain. Perhaps this next visit. There is a gate near Hale's dormitory on Mt. Wilson (called the monastery, because in the old days, women were not allowed) that leads to a current JPL testing site. It's pretty heavily signed to discourage the random visitor!

ps... with a little luck, the sun image will be tomorrow's Astronomy Picture of the Day. You saw it first on the Fedora Lounge!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, Perry, Rusty, David and Alan, my sincere thanks guys for your recovery wishes, I will forward it!

99benzman, the Capricon was a good choice, he looks really good on your head!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran