Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Fedorafest IV project Western

Produced at Buckaroo Hatters by Mike, Rocky and I.
P1040713.JPG

Mitral

New in Town
Stetson Zamora I purchased a few weeks ago. Other than ball caps and a couple of Tilley Endurables, this is my first true hat. Something tells me it won't be my last. ;-)
StetsonZamora.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Ray, Jason, O.Guy, 1961, Mike, Al, Randall, Alex and Duper, thanks so much guys for your votes and opinion. I prefer also the Cuenza but I will give the Milan a chance.
I wear It not often as you, guys, but the temperature goes up to 80 F.

Javier, the Milan looks great on you. Nice ribbon too.

Robert, great Job done. Looks very sharp on you..

Mitral, welcome. Good looking Stetson on your Head!

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Borrowed a camera, but not in time to get pictures of my work in progress. Wore my reblocked Nostalgia today. The straight side dome from hatshapers really gets the taper out, but takes up a lot of felt – the crown came out very low, the brim is a bit wonky still (2 3/8” front, 2 1/4” back, and 2 1/8” on the sides), I don’t have a flange, and I couldn’t get the sweatband to seat properly when I sewed it back in, but it came out well enough to use as a beater. Since I wouldn’t wear it before after it tapered out, that’s a big improvement. I’ll post some pics in the Nostalgia thread.

DSCF0021.jpg
DoorNostalgia.jpg

I liked the fullness of the crown so much, I reblocked my Beaver Brand too. Now I just need to sew the ribbon back on and reshape it. A word of warning, I discovered the plastic thread Beaver Brand used to sew the ribbon on was not colorfast. Ended up with some minor blue staining which the ribbon will cover, but I thought I’d mention it.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, how much crown height did you lose BJ, an inch or so?

Dobbs Cross Country for me today. Lightweight felt, no liner - a good option for a spring day.

smugshot2089902-L.jpg

TipTop

Practically Family
+1! I love the other ones, too, Ray.

What the heck is that last one, diamond plate?

Egghead, kudos for your quick and effective reaction time to capture that event. I forgot also, until the other-wordly lighting hit, then I saw a foresightful neighbor who had donned a welding mask to watch.

Thx Manfred, Egg and Randall. That is a steel-deck dock out onto the lake, looking west. If you go here, and scroll down to the sillouhette pic, that's it. That's me standing in the middle, aiming toward a waterfall on the shoreline. A very target-rich site that I just happened to spot out of then car window as we drove by.

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
Just visited the hatshaper website- good site to have in my bookmarks.

you mentioned that your beaver brand is a long oval; how did this straight sided dome shape compare with your presumably long oval head?

Borrowed a camera, but not in time to get pictures of my work in progress. Wore my reblocked Nostalgia today. The straight side dome from hatshapers really gets the taper out, but takes up a lot of felt – the crown came out very low, the brim is a bit wonky still (2 3/8” front, 2 1/4” back, and 2 1/8” on the sides), I don’t have a flange, and I couldn’t get the sweatband to seat properly when I sewed it back in, but it came out well enough to use as a beater. Since I wouldn’t wear it before after it tapered out, that’s a big improvement. I’ll post some pics in the Nostalgia thread.

DSCF0021.jpg
DoorNostalgia.jpg

I liked the fullness of the crown so much, I reblocked my Beaver Brand too. Now I just need to sew the ribbon back on and reshape it. A word of warning, I discovered the plastic thread Beaver Brand used to sew the ribbon on was not colorfast. Ended up with some minor blue staining which the ribbon will cover, but I thought I’d mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot