Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Early Sunday morning and enjoying sitting and sipping coffee down by the lake shore. I have been wearing my vintage Adam Executive in creme. Totally comfortable in the light breeze with my fedora and sweater. This morning I would like to provide a small tribute to the Executive fedora.

Here are both the Art Fawcett beaver silverbelly Executive (top left) and the vintage Adam Executive in creme (with a wind cord). I have a couple of the Adam's in different shades and this one is creme and not silverbelly. I mistook the hat on my shelf for being the silverbelly when I put it on my head early this morning in the newly risen sunlight. The felt is vastly different (beaver and rabbit), but the styling/dimensions are the same. I had commisioned the VS from Art Fawcett as I have been loving the various Adam Executives I have to death. By this I mean that I have been wearing them all the time and they show the wear on the vintage sweatbands, felt, blocking, and the wind cords are delicate.

IMG_3606-M.jpg

How about a head shot of the VS Executive.

IMG_3609-M.jpg

A head shot of the Adam Executive. It accumulated some of the 28'F snow on the warmer felt brim.

IMG_3616-M.jpg

I have a Holiday Party later this afternoon and will choose an Executive model to wear on my head.

Best wishes, Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The Executives are fantastic Eric, both the Adam and the VS version. I can totally see a VS Exec on my head at some point in the future.

For me today, Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe

smugshot_2538370-L.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The Executives are fantastic Eric, both the Adam and the VS version. I can totally see a VS Exec on my head at some point in the future.

For me today, Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe

Sharp hat sir! That is a very classy ribbon treatment. As to the Executive, I look forward to the pics. Truthfully, I worry that I am getting stuck on a few styles of hats (Executives, whippet-esque and Start-esque hats in particular). I look to your shots as guidance to expand my hatted horizons. Keep the pics coming.

David, my eye quickly goes to the marvelous wooded area in the backdrop in your shots. What wonderful topography and luscious green boughs. I imagine that it is a great place to take the doggies for adventures. My dogs and I would be there in a heartbeat.

Monte

A-List Customer
The felt is so hard though... never wear it except if I need to look dressed up like at my wedding reception. Haha. Got so many compliments but had a headache later. Can't wait to post some of my pics.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Sharp hat sir! That is a very classy ribbon treatment. As to the Executive, I look forward to the pics. Truthfully, I worry that I am getting stuck on a few styles of hats (Executives, whippet-esque and Start-esque hats in particular). I look to your shots as guidance to expand my hatted horizons. Keep the pics coming.

David, my eye quickly goes to the marvelous wooded area in the backdrop in your shots. What wonderful topography and luscious green boughs. I imagine that it is a great place to take the doggies for adventures. My dogs and I would be there in a heartbeat.

Looks can be deceiving, Eric - we live in a townhouse development, although it is nicely landscaped.

Your dogs would love our favorite walk, less than a mile away.

A great loop of just under five miles by the river and canal...

mfp-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sam, happy anniversary! :cheers1: Hope you guys had a great time on Broadway, and that VS, as always, is outstanding.

Eric, you do have your style, but you wear those hats with such confidence and class. By all means, explore some versatility if you like! But feel good about that subtle and classy consistency, too!

Beautiful choice, that Grand Luxe, David. I always like to see those hats that "glow."

For me: Wormser Royal Luxury OR clone. This photo is inspired by at least 3 other loungers. :)

0112yg.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sam, happy anniversary! :cheers1:

For me: Wormser Royal Luxury OR clone. This photo is inspired by at least 3 other loungers. :)

Jeff; That is a gorgeous picture. The color of the felt really pops in contrast with the wool and natural wooded features. I like! Of course I am biased as I appreciate the natural background.

Waht no snow yet! I expected that you would have snow on the ground by now.

Eric -

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Farmers market with the lady. wearing a new to me and cheap yet ratty Dobbs. If anyone can tell me what model this might be I'd appreciate it cause the thing is in a sad state and I'd like to get another. I really like the unlined aspect of it and how light weight it is. Thought about fixing it but the moth damage is pretty bad and the sweatband is coming off.

E2E68B61-093C-4286-9619-7DA68DC931E4-4767-000002CA6287C3DD.jpg

5B9CC67C-65A2-42A8-A5D2-8CB7EB14DB03-4767-000002D7FCB64D24.jpg

65BE932A-2B2B-425C-A285-E1AE2CECF3D6-4767-000002D801D22436.jpg

Lauro,

I do like the character of that hat, and you wear it with panache. However, if you're looking for something nicer, that hat is very similar to the Stetson Whippet and you can find these clones very easily on Ebay, especially the smaller sizes. I have an Adam hat very similar. Many of those come with linings, but they can be removed.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful choice, that Grand Luxe, David. I always like to see those hats that "glow."

0112yg.jpg

Thanks Jeff! The felt on the MGL is just fantastic, one of the nicest of my hats.
Love the Wormser photo - very cool. That is one nice looking OR clone!

Lauro - excellent photo of you, the pretty lady and the Dobbs. You always look good in your hats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy