Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
RBH, Randooch, Alan, Manfred, thanks, but it was a no-brainer. The hat was perfect for him. Beside, it opens a slot in my hat rotation. lol

Che, great hats--great settings, too! I would love to go walking out there.

Manfred, you wear your hats with such style.

David, that's a great hat and a great color--VS?

Hatophile, classic style on that Fed.

Robert,that OR is perfect on you!

First WAR Wednesday of the year...VS ArtLite Pecan Wanderer.....
VSBWan2.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Hiya Bowlerman

Thanks for the compliments on the hat, I like it a lot. Seriously useful Western hat, with a slightly twisted look just like the Doc himself. I've been wearing it a LOT lately since the weather turned cold.

O.K. I know several people from South Dakota and I gotta tell ya, I don't think they wear smoking jackets or drink from martini glasses. On the other hand, they wouldn't say anything either. So how's that Moonshine? They sell it at my regular liquor store, which is the size of a department store in Norman OK. I've considered the stuff with the cherries in it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL

1961MJS, that moonshine is really sweet-- literally tastes like liquid apple pie! I splurged on a jar of moonshine cherries, too, and I'd have a tough time drinking it straight-- pretty strong stuff. They only just started carrying it in South Dakota.

As for this state, I'm sure folks around here are pretty tired of my plaintiff comments, but I can't wait to get outta here, closer to my native west coast. This is the kind of place people aspire to leave, but most don't get around to it. I thought this would be a starter job for me, and here I am 10 years later, amidst a tanking Arts economy, a mortgage and 3 kids. It would take a leap of faith much stronger than I am to flee without a job already lined up!

Sorry for the digression.

Block Maker

New in Town
GREAT hats yesterday, folks!

I closed the old year with a signature hat of mine: Falcon Park Black Cherry.

sevefun2012003copy.jpg

Here follows a short montage of my evening...

This OR Royal Deluxe looked better in the photo, and will probably become my hat of the day. Preparations including a jar of Ole Smoky Apple Pie moonshine and a Nicaraguan maduro.

sevefun2012010copy.jpg

Then I boiled up some snow crab for a rare occasion with my wife and kids sitting at the table all at the same time (my daughter's Orbeez centerpiece :) )

sevefun2012012copy.jpg

Same jacket as in the first pic, reversed as a smoking jacket. :)

sevefun2012020copy.jpg

Moonshine induced shot:

sevefun2012029copy.jpg

My "Pieta" with smoking jacket button and black cherry background:

sevefun2012030copy.jpg

Happy New Year! May this one be better than the last.

I really love your black cherry....I blocked one not to long ago..but after pouncing it did not produce this shade like yours...mine is still on the blacker side.

Looks Great!!!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Aaron and splintercellz, nice hats! I can't imagine what it must be like to have family (or girlfriends) that don't think you're completely insane for being into hats. Those folks are keepers!

Che, great Champ, man!
GQmagic, great getup. What was your role in the Rose Parade?
Manfred, that's a really fantastic cap, man!
David, delectable color, that dark moss. A real eye-catcher!
Perry, that's it. I'm going to have to add Fed IV to my want list. looks great!
TPD, I like the softness of that cattleman crease. Did you receive it that way? The lines on my one cattleman OR are very rigid.
gtdean, WAR/MAR, who's counting? But that's a darn nice looking lid!

Block Maker, thanks! I enjoy the saturated cherry tones in this one. Do you have a shop set up somewhere in this midwest?

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Supercooled droplets that have grown in the supersaturated cloud enviornment in the Minnesotas skies are beginning to drop this morning as snow flakes. The small number of frozen droplets that are falling thru the atmosphere do not have much opportunity to aggregate together and form larger snowflakes. The changing temps and humidity in the atmoshpere makes finding two snow flakes the same an extremely low probability. (Identical snowflakes were discovered in WI, by a researcher, in 1988.) I took a short look this morning and did not see any identical ones. I have unsuccessfully looked for identical snowflakes in my youth, teens, 20's, 30's.....you get the idea.

It is a very pretty snowfall.

IMG_4124-M.jpg

Getting hit by supercooled droplets this morning, Eric -

(Hatted in my VS Startoliner inspired dove colored felt fedora.)

Last edited:

TPD166

One Too Many
TPD, I like the softness of that cattleman crease. Did you receive it that way? The lines on my one cattleman OR are very rigid.

Thanks! Other than a good brushing, this is the way I received it (and I plan to leave it as is) - it is a very soft felt, but is an older OR (I was thinking it was a 1950s OR, but it was suggested in another thread that it could be early '60s).

Block Maker

New in Town
Block Maker, thanks! I enjoy the saturated cherry tones in this one. Do you have a shop set up somewhere in this midwest?[/QUOTE]

I do not have a "hat shop"..I started dabbling in handmade hats about 4 or 5 yrs ago. I enjoy the medium and the tools used in making them. Here is a pic of my black cherry.
PERS_zpsaf3718e2.jpg

Better photos in the works...if the sun ever comes back out!

Last edited:
Thanks! Other than a good brushing, this is the way I received it (and I plan to leave it as is) - it is a very soft felt, but is an older OR (I was thinking it was a 1950s OR, but it was suggested in another thread that it could be early '60s).

Looks like a hand-creased cattleman to me Robert.
Factory cattleman creases tend to have the more rigid lines = almost too precise IMHO....

gqmagic

One of the Regulars
GQmagic, great getup. What was your role in the Rose Parade?

I'm a member of the Rose Parade Committee otherwise known as a "White Suiter" on Parade Day.

in the one picture you see a couple of guys wearing baseball caps in white suits, I decided last year to 'Style" it up several notches, :D.

If you watched the Parade you'll see a lot of folks wearing white suits, and riding scooters in white suits, though the objective is to not be seen on TV, only the floats.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
image-2_zpsa418239c.jpg

Vintage Stetson today. Currently this hat is my wife's favorite on me.

Great hats, guys!

A

There really must be a better way than photobucket. I cannot believe what a pain that site is!

Last edited:
There really must be a better way than photobucket. I cannot believe what a pain that site is!

My new phone auto loads the photos to my photobucket account now. All I do is click on view library, move them to the right folder, hover over photo, click on get media links & get the IMG one...this is with the new beta interface. I think the old one was easier...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Ever since Photobucket got an update, it's editing functions have been spotty at best. What do you use to take your photos?

Alex; Smugmug is the on-line sharing host that I use. I am able to use the secure (password) features with our fitness/dance/karate/wrestling/soccer gymnastics business. In several years of use, I have never had any difficulties. I have added a pay option as I exchange a lot of photos and videos. If you have further questions, you can pm me. Eric -

Eric, I love your VS Startoliner... perfect hat to begin a new year. ;)

I checked in with a Knox 40. Got the new calendar up and that's about all. How time flies...

010213.jpg

010113.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Stetson today. Currently this hat is my wife's favorite on me.

Great hats, guys!

A

Photbucket was great in the past. It has gotten progressively worse. I've switched to Picasa thru Google.

b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy