Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibchipster

New in Town
Fantastic Hat! Could you tell me what model, brim width, and crown height? I was just talking to another member about Black Cherry or Ox Blood being my next choice of a modern made hat. Thanks!

Thanks Howardeye. The brim is 2 7/16 the crown is about 4 1/2 in front 5 at the apex ant 4 1/4 in back.

Chascomm

New in Town
In spite of the summer weather, my panama is having a break today. Instead, I'm wearing my Nepali topi

nepali_topi_front3.jpg

...just for something different.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, that Penman is amazing!
David love that Penman.
David, stunning Penman and thanks for the weekend wishes!
I had to quote this. David, I love this hat.

Thanks for the Penman comments, guys. John did a fantastic job and the hat that arrived was exactly what I had in mind.

Great hat weekend so far on the lounge.

I have to slave over a keyboard doing some website work much of today, but I did get to wear my Executive style VS earlier this morning...

exec-photo1-L.jpg

Very nice, Jeff! I have been looking into bowlers... but I doubt I'd look remotely good in one... compared to a fedora, how are they usually taken by others?

For me tall crown hats (of any type) draw the most attention. I know tall crown straight side hats are popular here but people in general are not use to seeing them in a urban / semi urban setting. When I wear a lower profile Bowler it doesn't seem to draw much attention.

Jared for the love of GOD I hope you try and surf out there! I just got out of 50 degree water out here in SF and I would kill for clear warm water that's not shark infested! Also, nice hat.

+1 on that. My surfing is usually attempted in the Northeast, where even summer water temps are in the low 60's. If I'm lucky I can get to North Carolina in the fall for some warmer water.

Ann Arbor

Spent a few days at the University of Michigan... Lily's second to last dance audition. We loved it there and, with a little luck, Lily will have a difficult choice to make.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

It was w-----i-----n-----d-----y. My lightweight Stratoliner blew off my head at one point and went for a sail. A nice young man went after it and delivered it back unscathed.

6.jpg

We had a chance to meet up with a Fedora Lounge friend for a wonderful dinner. Can you guess his identity?

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last stop, the big city, for a big time ego adjustment at Juilliard. ;)

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alan, beautiful pics! Love that ceiling at the U of Michigan. Was it originally built for the university, or reallocated from a church? I hope the ego adjustment doesn't indicate that the college choice just got easier! You must be so proud of Lily. Good luck with the final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo