Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter

Practically Family
Iain, I've reached the point where NOT wearing a hat is a novelty. I can't remember the last time I left the house without one. Fine looking lid!
Monte, the flip phone photo looks fine, as does the hat.Nice shot!
RLK, couple of beauties in recent days. The Goldsiegel and the cap!
Al, suave and debonair as always, looking stylish in the Royal. Lobbying for a part in the production, are you?
Alan, that homburg is truly beautiful. Really a striking hat, and while I could not wear it, it looks wonderful on you.
Case, great hat, great shot with the obelisk, and GREAT shot with the little tyke. I remember when mine were that age, now I have a grandchild older than that! YIKES!
Deyoungaza, I actually visited Israel a couple of times. I cannot blame you for loving it there. Great hat!

I think I got every body, but if not, it was no slight to anyone, you all look marvelous!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
021113.jpg

I think you will single-handedly melt all of the snow in Buffalo with that hat, 'cause it is on FIRE!! What an incredible lid!! Thanks for displaying. :thumb:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
well we got on heck of a storm as you all know. Between 30 and 40 inches in my part of Connecticut. My daughter got 35.5 in Maine where she goes to college.
6598b529048e34f5b5942bcd56c00d4b_zps73f9aa1c.jpg

32f00ea4eaa4ea3807a66ae7cc92d069_zpsa2c02559.jpg

Well today was a clean up day. Raking the roof and getting down to the blacktop.
0957a4dee8e5880c8150dd9547745b2a_zps524b974c.jpg

6de54baa77bc9119d7edb545edceb28f_zpsf55b2102.jpg

And what better hat to wear then an Akubra Drover. I put in the shovel brim.
8f623855d53d2b221a9b0c7d4882dff3_zpsdca1125d.jpg

And of course a wee dram to finish the work with
f300282018c675cac6d19ccef11cbf7a_zpsb2f0020f.jpg

Jeff
Living the dream at DelMonico Hatter

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I agree! What a color scheme. I hope lords hats count for Homburg week,cause I'm wearing falcon park black cherry today. Alive and amplified, I never tire of your fp either. The ribbon looks especially shiny today. David, that beautifulblacksheep oughtta lift the fog this morning!
Tom, been enjoyingyours too lately,especially the one by cane rod maker.

0213m.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Jeff that's a great hat and a nice looking drink, and well deserved! Tea or whiskey?
Manfred, you are rocking the cap and marvelous homburg over the weekend!

I just googled "wee dram" and got my answer re: your drink. :) what kind?

Last edited:
Thanks for the homburg love today. I'm going to stay in this groove for a bit.

Jeff, great smile in the face of adversity. Looks like you got some good melt.

And a handsome vista to show off that old Portis thin ribbon... well done, Monte.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I agree! What a color scheme. I hope lords hats count for Homburg week,cause I'm wearing falcon park black cherry today. Alive and amplified, I never tire of your fp either. The ribbon looks especially shiny today. David, that beautifulblacksheep oughtta lift the fog this morning!
Tom, been enjoyingyours too lately,especially the one by cane rod maker.

Thanks! Your BC is always a crowd pleaser. I turned my iphone around and used a flash, so it catches the best characteristics of the ribbon color.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Very nice looking, Monte! How would you rate the Stratton felt quality? I'm experiencing my first Stratton today, and it seems very nice.

Ah! I had missed your Portis photo until now. Beautiful lid in what is most certainly not the state just north of my own (or else I'm moving tomorrow)!

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Both of thosw hats are stunning, Al! I love that snow pic.

Many thanks, Alexander. That was some snow last night.

Al great looking hats and pictures as always!

Thank you, Tom, I really appreciate your kind words.

AL....Insane shots and great hats as usual.

Not what I'm wearing today but here's me in Oregon sampling a bit of their local wine...
Looks like we were close to King Estate where we had dinner on the patio overlooking the
largest and most beautiful wine estate in the Willamette Valley. And they're Organic!
In my old Portis. I'm not an expert but an OR clone I'd guess?

Thanks, Monte. Great photo of you in your Portis in some incredibly beautiful country. Would love to see you posting these and more in FEDORAS AFIELD. Looking very sharp in the Stratton today as well.

Al, great photos and a nice new year celebration! You wear some stunning hats these days.
You have right of course! "With short hair hats looks better" Now I know why you look so fantastic with hat, my friend. haha That is the secret!

Vielen Dank, mein Freund!

No fedora today. Wearing a Mr Freedom Scuttler Cap. Winds are 45 knots and the waves here are up to 20 feet! Cannot get close enough for a pic! Nice windy city cap rlk! It is the only one I can view on the company pc

The winds today were no joke!

"Looking for props"

Al, I definitely give you props for wearing that stellar hat on the Lunar New Year. It's out of this world!

Good one, Jeff! :drum: Thanks for the "props". ;) Love your Black Cherry Falcon Park Lords' Hat, and I see that you are your hirsute self again!

Al, suave and debonair as always, looking stylish in the Royal. Lobbying for a part in the production, are you?

My humble thanks for your too kind comments, scooter. We are resisting the temptation to include the kids' parents and other adults in the film, with the possible exception of their drama teacher, in cameo roles. Some photos from the kids' first film, in case you missed them, here, and some from their second film, currently in production, here, and here.

Monte

A-List Customer
Thanks Alan and thanks
AL for the heads up.

Very nice looking, Monte! How would you rate the Stratton felt quality? I'm experiencing my first Stratton today, and it seems very nice.

Ah! I had missed your Portis photo until now. Beautiful lid in what is most certainly not the state just north of my own (or else I'm moving tomorrow)!

Haha, The Oregon landscape is a tiny bit like the Black Hills of your state.
The Stratton is a bit stiff but good quality. It has a wider brim (which I am figuring out is a good look for my long face and big chin).
It originally had a crease in the crown much like the white one you have with no pinch either. I steamed in the pinch and brought down the front of the brim a bit as it was originally
quite flat in the front and back with nice flange on the sides, which I kept as much as I could. I imagine you have to go far to get the quality hats you show. As of now, I have only picked up hats by
happening upon them on my small number of travels. I definitely need a Homburg. Quality straws also seem like they would be hard to find. I love the white Stratton you have by the way! Looks like the
real deal, vintage fedora. The Stratton website is mildly interesting.

Monte

A-List Customer
Awesome AL, I'll have to visit here more often!

Me on our Sierpe River tour in Costa Rica in my lawn mowing cap. (Too hot and wet for anything I wanted to keep nice)

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sam, great look with your Beret, I know no other who is so good looking with a beret.

smoothssailor, nice photo with your son, I hope it was nice for you. Great hat.

Ernest, sharp Sovereign, you look very good with him!

David, fan-ta-stic, Killer hat, color and that ribbon work, gorgeous!

Tom, looks very good your Heritage CD.

Monte, nice photo with the hills in the background and a good looking lid on your head!

Jeff, many thanks for the kind words, I love your Black Sheep Lord hat, why`? He looks so sharp!

Jeff, (Jed) so much snow! What is with a Snowman? Enough snow for a big frosty!haha, Great at Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy