Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Super hats over the past few days!

Robert and Alan were sporting the stingy homburgs, Justin showcased a fine looking derby (looks great!), and Mike's VS is a stunner, just to name a few. Oh, and I love the acorn colored beauty in perfect contrasting lighting. Nice shot, Robert!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Those stingy homburgs with fullcrowns are really amazing. Want! Some serious hats this week. I would type more if this kindle wasn't so cumbersome for me to type with!
David, did you wear all your tumwaters this week? All fantastic. You'll surely have a great weekend starting with the vs black cherry.
Justin, beautiful bowler. Sometimes I find that a size smaller works better with those since they sit traditionally higher.
Took my wife out on v day in my silver grey borsalino homburg.

img20130214183936.jpg

And wore my vs yesterday...

0182nd.jpg

And my royal Stetson last night to the movies.

019yjy.jpg

Robert, what an amazing huckel seal velour.

Happy Saturday... with great photos. Mikespens - very sharp!

Robert, looks like the golden velour fits you. Sunlight here too this morning - it's grand.

Great assortment of top toppers, Jeff, I like them all.

David, that black cherry is an eye opener. I have nothing in that palette. It suits you.

Fashion Frank, congratulations on the new hat. The wider brim is a smile maker. :eusa_clap

Tom, fine hats as always. I want to muck out some stalls too.

cheers! Alan

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
Those deals don't happen very often Splintercellsz! The stingies are starting to grow on me with at least a 1 7/8 brim. I'm 5'8" and about 220 , actually somewhat more proportioned than my 2 1/2 brims with my facial shape. This Dobbs has a very unusual layered type weave in the straw. The other straw Dobbs has a bound edge...I was estatic!:D

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
WOW, Frank!
$40?!?!? What do you think the vintage is? Would you be so kind as to show us the inside.

Are you planning to attend the big 2 hour sale at Salmagundi tomorrow morning?

Hello my friend HatsRme , I didn't know about the sale had other plans today and hit the road early , sorry to have missed you .
I will gladly show you the inside of this hat in fact I had meant to do it when I first posted it but forgot .
there is a tag inside the sweat and it states $5.00 for the selling price , based on that I was wondering if one of the
expert's on here could "guesstemate" the age of this hat?

Thanks for the howdy ,and good to hear from you.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DSCN1619_zps2c7475f5.jpg

DSCN1621_zpsa26f77d4.jpg

DSCN1622_zps0536dec9.jpg

This was the free bay auction for that hat .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321067255225?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
More Stratoliner or Open Road than Playboy Mike with that thin ribbon & bound edge. Playboy is more mid-ribbon with stitched edge...
stetsonplayboy1949.jpg

I have to agree with you Tom but when I originally posted it on the AFHOF thread I was admonished for calling it an OR, told it was more like a Playboy. Trust your judgement but think I'm just gonna call it a VS from now on :) Fact is Art's idea was for an OR style on this one.

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great start with that Black Cherry Art work today David.

Thanks Tom. I like the belt-band on your Resistol today.

Robert - the felt on your Huckel Zephyr looks to be exceptional. Interesting colour scheme too.

Mike - nice VS (can't go wrong if you just call it that, but I'd say it was a Stratoliner clone, of which Art has made several great examples).

David, did you wear all your tumwaters this week? All fantastic. You'll surely have a great weekend starting with the vs black cherry.

Thanks, Jeff. Yes, all 4 Tummys this week, Silverbelly, Midnite, Pecan and Steel.

Nice hats that you posted today - I especially like the Midnite VS.

David, that black cherry is an eye opener. I have nothing in that palette. It suits you.

Thanks, Alan. I always enjoy wearing the Black Cherry - so much I asked John Penman to make me one of his great Indy hats using the same felt. I find this colour is surprisingly versatile and works with just about everything I wear.

Always nice to see your super Clear Nutria.

CircuitRider - nice Dobbs. I'm looking forward to warmer days so I can wear a straw hat or two myself.

Frank - I much prefer the wider brim on today's hat to the stingy ones you often wear. Mrs Frank looks great in the Stetson. I didn't get a chance to take a photo, but my wife is wearing a nice green velour Borsalino today

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
VS Black Cherry to get my weekend started

snip[/QUOTE]

I love that hat :eusa_clap

Beautiful colour.

Fashion Frank and alanfgag - always a delight to see your pictures and acquisitions... well, and everyone else really.

Wish I has access to some of these wonderful hats... maybe I should risk shipping one across the pond from the US.... unless anyone can point towards some UK suppliers.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You're welcome; I was driving my weekend car yesterday, which is NOT conducive for hats!

time14n-3-web.jpg

While I was at University of Illinois, I (effectively) had Ricardo Montalban for a semi-conductor class. He always drove up in one of those, and never looked like he'd been home yet. Shirt with large collars, unbuttoned at least 3 buttons, Sansabelt slacks, and those little black zip up boots.

Loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran