Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Allen Crook

New in Town
Getting warmer so i removed the liner from my fawn Campdraft. Much better while on a walk in the neighborhood.

7F3CCDB0-8D83-4B82-B7D5-78910A0C4E2F-12824-00000ACB18553537_zpsb2873884.jpg

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
How is Port Costa these days, Che? I used to bicycle there from Berkeley when I was a gearhead. The old hotel on the main street was run by a woman who was a real character, and rather picaresque. What's become of it? And great pix. Best D

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
From the photo archives, but a wave to Sir ShortBaldingGuy...
IMG_1863_zps133f53fc.jpg

Wave back at you! I grew up with Pendleton Wool clothing as being the recongized classy casual wear. I am guilty in walking that belief forward. Our Pendleton shirts as youth and teens was prized and as such was treated well. I have passed those to nephews and nieces and still see them being worn. On the other hand I know that a bigger diversity in my daily attire is desired by those around me. Ah, the challenges of folks opinions.;)

BTW: I do love that poster. I had contacted Pendleton Marketing and asked if I might purchase or aquire some of their advertising posters and was told that are not available. Darn, as some of the re-prints of the old advertising brings back memories of being at the cabin or of family and relatives.

Hat tipped to hatsRme, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yard chores just completed for today. Much of the yard is showing out from the snow. We have 2 fire rings and I filled them both with raked pine needles that dropped over the snowy winter. I did chores in the upper 40'F temps with my vintage Stetson Playboy. It's ribbon and ribbon color are sublime.

IMG_4779-M.jpg

I ran an errand over to my sis-in-law's and took this pic as I was working on the gutters. I think it was a good choice for a hat rack.

IMG_4783-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Very cool photos, need I say we will want more!!!!
My pleasure!

There are a number of museums, none of which I've had time to explore yet. But I'm looking forward to getting the time:
IMG_0191.jpg

This must have been a beautiful hotel, back in the Thirties. Now it sits empty, a sad shell of its former glory. I don't know when it went out of business:
IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

there are a number of murals around, depicting scenes from the past. Here I am in my Akubra Banjo Patterson:
IMG_0211.jpg

a boutique that my wife enjoyed:
IMG_0220.jpg

a 102 year old house and the docent who shows people through it:
IMG_0221.jpg

the town flooded more than a hundred years ago, from the overflow of the Feather River, so they built a levee to protect the city. And now they have decorated it beautifully. It's an area where families go to ride bikes, or sit and watch the sunset:
IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

There's a salmon hatchery in town, so they paid tribute to the salmon in this display on the levee:
IMG_0246.jpg

Lefty, Thanks! Great photos as usual! Super combo with your San Fernando Valley Mercantile Exchange Cap and your wife's Stormy Kromer!

CR, Like the photo effect! Nice conversion job with your Bailey 7X Western!

RBH, Good to see straw weather has arrived down your wasy. Your Milan Stetson Stratoliner looks fantastic!

Eric, Looks like Spring temps are on their way. Your Stetson Playboy is a beauty!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
It is the pre-spring (prevernal) season. Wintering birds are heading north following their food sources. Locally in the greater Mississippi/Minnesota River Waterway it means good big bird watching.

Rice Creek Regional Park Reserve is 5,500 acres nearby and I took the opportunity to head outside and watch the aerial pageant. The folks who set-up the reserve in the early 1970's lined the entrance walkways with pines. I find it amusing every time I enter the park thru the many crowded rows of pines that have climbed high seeking sun.

IMG_4825-M.jpg

I headed out in the low sun this afternoon getting glimpses of the raptors returning from their warmer climate roosts. Rice Creek Reserve was perfect for sitting on the grassed open ridges and watching the raptors. Kites, Broad Wing Hawks, were passing thru on high wind currents. The local Kestrels, Red Tailed Hawks and Sharp Shined hawks were out following their food sources.

IMG_4807-M.jpg

IMG_4798-M.jpg

I heard a ruffed grouse. I had along a spotting scope for the purpose of seeking our local owls and set it up to spot the grouse. No luck with either the grouse or owls.

IMG_4791-M.jpg

I setout today wearing a comfy 50's Pendleton shirt and my 50's Stetson Stratoliner in cadet blue. The warm 47'F temps made it very pleasant.

Back home and sipping a stout beer in celebration of April 7th being 2013 National Beer Day. Cheers mates, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Spring high 40'F temps are here and I was not willing to miss a minute this afternoon.

Watching returning raptors today in a 50's Pendleton and 50's Stetson Stratoliner.

IMG_4809-L.jpg

IMG_4815-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Some nice hats today gentlemen (and lady!).

Really encouraging to see signs of warmer weather as well - Rusty's milan and even warm enough for Lefty and Mrs Lefty to be wearing tee-shirts.

Cool hats too from Eric, Steve and CR.

Cold and windy here today, I was wearing my Black Sheep cap while outdoors.

D329471-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner