Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, that is a nice hat your Borsalino, well choosen to that jacket!

Thank you, Manfred. This Borsalino is a favorite of mine and (like many of my best vintage hats) was previously owned by another Lounge member.

Eric - good news that the snow is melting for you.

Jeff - still no power? Like Alan (cool Stetson today by the way, Alan), we've been there too - I think 9 days is the longest since I've lived in New England.

Steve - that Rockel is a fantastic looking hat. You have a super collection!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for your enthusiasm for my old westerns (Joao, I always enjoy the chance to see your photos as well).

You do have really nice westerns. That No 1 is another of them, a pleasure to be seen.
I always try to take pictures on different places. Lisbon have so much places to visit (when it's sunny it's full of tourists, specially downtown) but I wouldn't like to live there.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the kind words, Gentlemen!

MarkJohn: This is an extracurricular project for the kids, busy high achievers who are investing what precious little free time they have in each other and in making the film. It is a joy for Lydia and I to help them realize their goal.

Rogera: Indeed! Most all of the kids involved in the film are avid TCM fans.

Manfred: You are spot on, my friend. All of the boys used my hats, and the girls' hats I picked up over the past year when Ryan initiated their film project. The girls' dresses, coats and jewelry are all from Lydia's vintage collection, or were bought specifically for the film. The boys' vintage suits and jackets are all from my collection. Costuming is one of my many responsibilities on the film. :)

Perry: An adventure...and melodrama!

Eric: I wholeheartedly agree. It is a deeply satisfying and unforgettable experience for Lydia and me, as well as for the kids. The film will serve as a lasting tribute to their friendship and collective hard work, and will preserve their teenage escapade in perpetuum.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I hate to boast about the weather here in Myrtle, so the next pic is inside. Sorry to hear about the frozen fiascos up north. Hope you guys are safe during the power outages. I will keep you in my prayers.

I spent the rest of the day with my Borso, brim up, "Che'eky" style!

E53F00BF.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Oh! Absolutely stunning and totally idiomatic, Al and son (and friends!). What a fantastic project-- you must be so proud of them. Bravissimi!

Jared-- sweet photo!

Please indulge me a few more from the ice storm, while I have a moment of electricity with which to upload some from my better camera.

icestorm039.jpg

icestorm050.jpg

icestorm079.jpg

icestorm092.jpg

icestorm129.jpg

these branches, usually far, far out of reach, formed a brittle but beautiful tipi touching the ground in my front yard (sorry, hatless in this one:

icestorm144.JPG

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Hauntingly beautiful images from April's unwelcome visitor, Jeff. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery from the storm and its aftermath.

Thank you as always for your enthusiastic and kind comments. :yo: Lydia and I only wish we had done something as compelling with our friends at seventeen!

g.durand

One Too Many
bowlerman--I feel for you, man. I grew up on the Gulf Coast and went through hurricanes, lived in the Northeast for about ten years, and now in California with fires, earthquakes and floods. A few power outages happened here and there along the way. I like the crease in the Stephen Stetson. A nice personal touch.

A'n'A--the only time I was in Myrtle was during this same week in April, a perfect time to be there. I'm enjoying your posts--some great hats to have on vacation. It looks like you've got all the possible conditions covered.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
AnA, I love the up brim look on you, looks great!

Jeff, Feel for you Jeff. I hope the situation goes better for you! Take care, my friend.

Eric, that sounds good and a good combination " Strat and Barbeque "!

Steve, a classic with class! He looks very good on you!

Robert, this nice Bowler fits you great!

Alan, fantastic Black beauty and a nice self portrait!

David, killer hat on Friday, super color!

Tom, great looking hat!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Just got this Royal Stetson in the original box...I'm not sure if it's either a Stratoliner or an Open Road...it's not stamped on the sweat band...this hat is the Silver Belly color, 2 1/2 inch brim and a 5 1/2 inch open crown...This hat is in excellent condition with very little signs of wear...the leather sweat band is soft and supple and the lining is very clean...it's a size 7 1/8 Long Oval and I'm debating whether or not to sell this one...I've waited too long for one of these and it fits me perfect...I will have two nice Open Roads for sale though, and one is also in the original box....Any thoughts as to whether this is a Stratoliner or an Open Road?

stratolinerredo.jpg

stratoliner02redo.jpg

stratolinerlining04.jpg

stratolinerlining.jpg

stratolinerlining02.jpg

stratolinerlining03.jpg

Last edited:
Alan & Manfred, Thanks!

Tom, Great bow work and felt on your VS Custom ArtLite Natural TAR!

David, Your VS Black Cherry is a beauty! The BC color looks fantastic!

JT, Some more great bow work! Your Penman is a classic!

Sam, Super look with your Carmack Whiskey!

T Jones, Nice find with Royal Stetson! It looks great!

Robert, Great to see a Trachten Hut! Especially an Anton Pichler from Graz!

hatsRme, Another fantastic VS! The Pastrami is making me hungry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy