Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coble

A-List Customer
View attachment 7387 View attachment 7388 View attachment 7389 photos we took for our christmas card this year. My wife is wearing her blacksheep hatworks clochet. Bob Jessee did an amazing job. i'm wearing a derby. She's also in a custom made 1930's dress, and i've got my custom made spat boots made from Dandy's in Austin. My best was also custom made. Those of you who have seen the movie "Get Low" i had the vest made that Robert Duvall wears in that movie.

Last edited:

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
Nice cap!

For me, Knox Premier Madison Avenue
ave3asum.jpg
va6y6e6a.jpg
dy6emy6a.jpg

Matt
A day without a hat is like a night.

I don't know what is more appealing: The Knox or being able to ride in a convertable in the sunlight! Great hat Matt.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Very Very nice, Matt and Jakob. PS. Jakob you both are beautiful dressed!

Today, a dog walk with my, gift, Dunns&Co from Richard. Thanks Richard I love it! Nice Hanna Cap my friend.

zpur.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Andy, Joao Encarnado, hatsRme, howardeye, dh66, Richard, Coble....very nice hats Gentleman! Excellent collection!

Richard, Love the cap! Very nice!
CPT/VSG,...seems that you and I only live minutes from each other!
Manfred, Beautiful hat my friend! What a very nice gift! You wear it well! Can Richard be my friend too! ;)
splintercellsz, The Stetson Expo is awesome! What a classic! I love everything about that hat!

Last edited:
The Anasazi is a standout hat Andy. That is some of the most beautiful/elaborate ribbonwork I've ever seen.

Hatophile Thanks man. Wear it anyway!

Splintercellz that's a great photo. The restaurant and two thirds of you have a great vintage vibe. Great Stetson, and your mom's hat is cool too.

Manfred, Ausgeseichnet. (did I spell that right?) Thank you Richard. You are rocking that one!

Cobie that's a great look you and your lady have going on there. Great lids on both of you!

Great Knox and sunset shot Matt!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great selection of hats and caps this weekend, everyone.

Stetson 25 for me - this one has become a go-to hat since it arrived

smugshot_8620397-L.jpg

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Great shot, Justin! Your hat looks perfect; the picture reminds me of the Maternal Disapproval thread, which clearly isn't a problem for you. Your mom's hat is really cute, and she looks thrilled to be out with you guys. :)

A

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Jeepers you fellows lead interesting hat lives as shown in your pics.

This morning, before heading out to another gymnastics meet the dogs and I went for a walk down by the lake. Snow flurries and the mild 20'F temps were enjoyable. A wool cap and fleece were ample to keep me comfortable for a couple of hours in the snow.

IMG_6822-M.jpg

Let it snow, Eric -

Yes, I was aware that the hat was Canadian made, that is why I was challenging and pressing you so hard. I knew you were using the liner as the basis for your dates. The guidelines found here on the lounge really only work on American made Stetsons. Canadian Stetson's were still using that liner logo in the 60's(and maybe later too). Here is a couple photos of the liner still used in the 60's.
9vs.JPG

2ozl.jpg

I have been studying Stetsons for may years and I have no idea if your hat is 40's, 50's or 60's. They are a different creature.
Nice Hat....TLH

Wow, very interesting! Thanks for the information. One thing I have learned is that the vintage hats of the big manufacturers sure fit and feel a heck of a lot nicer than the newer ones.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Spent part of the rainy afternoon clearing out a storage unit. My Jaxon Ford crusher kept my head dry and warm, thanks to being treated with Scotchgard. The hat is now resting with a stretcher in it to stave of the inevitable shrinkage.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Matt - great Knox

Cobie - i like the waistcoat, and it's always good to see a bowler. Your wife's hat deserves better photos.

Manfred - I'm glad it found a good home. You look great in it.

Andy - lovely VS.

David - I can see why the Stetson gets plenty of head time.

Eric - nice tweed on that cap - you look good in a cap (as well as your hats ;) )

Strapped - It looks good whatever it's made of. Not all wool felts shrink badly, and some fur-felts can shrink terribly.

---------------------------------------

Sun and showers today. Wore my Campdraft for a wander along the creek into town:

Thanks for the comments on yesterday's cap.

viclip

Practically Family
Wow, very interesting! Thanks for the information. One thing I have learned is that the vintage hats of the big manufacturers sure fit and feel a heck of a lot nicer than the newer ones.

Seeing the Canadian Centennial logo on that hat's sweat band sure brings back memories. The Canadian Centennial logo was used to mark our 100th year of confederation i.e. 1867-1967, the July 1, 1867 date being similar to the American July 4, 1776 date for us Canucks. I'm not sure precisely when that stylized maple leaf logo was adopted as Canada's Centennial logo, but its adoption surely wouldn't have pre-dated the 1967 celebrations by much more than 1 year or 2. I'd suggest that the presence of the Canadian Centennial logo would date any item sporting it back to no earlier than about 1965, more probably 1966 or 1967. My quickie Google search failed to ascertain the exact date of adoption but no doubt a more determined search would uncover that. The logo was commonly seen for perhaps the next 5 years or so but of course it could have been used for longer than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner