Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another hectic day
OR today
pw-33.jpg

I'm in Honolulu in my mind, though.

Smoothsailor, I love the beaten look on a fedora. Character, my friend!

Joao, nice one, buddy. I like the straight brim.

Perry, I like the OR, and I love the shirt!

NewJack, that is a swell Stetson. Interesting band. What is the brim width on that guy?

At the park with the boy. Still sporting the FP.

View attachment 14530

Last edited:

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
I'm just catching up on this thread having been really busy the last few days. My mother died 3 weeks ago, and so I've been spending a lot of time with my dad to hopefully keep him company and take his mind off things.

Anyway getting to the point, great hats over the weekend. I do enjoy seeing all the different styles and makes on this thread.

Quick questionI was wearing my VS silvermist out yesterday (no pics, sorry) when someone accidentally spilt Guinness over it (a very dark beer). Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best way to clean it.

Many thanks

Greg

NewJack

Practically Family
1mach1: thanks a bunch! The brim width is 3 1/4. An eBay purchase a few months ago. Never knew Stetson got into Aussie stuff!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Smoothsailor - that's a great photo. Nothing wrong with the hobo/beater look.
NewJack - I have a couple modern Stetsons and find them to be pretty rugged. I haven't seen this model you're wearing - quite a nice one.
Ingineer - I think your weather must be better than mine - as it's finally gotten warm enough to take the straws out of storage, but warm enough in Cleveland means that it will pretty much rain for the rest of the spring/summer.

It is, of course, raining today here in Northeast Ohio. I'll have to select a hat that fits the weather.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Sunshine. Blue skies. Stetson's 'Authentic' Outback style.
1mach1: thanks a bunch! The brim width is 3 1/4. An eBay purchase a few months ago. Never knew Stetson got into Aussie stuff!
Looks nice, but I would like at least a 1/4" more brim ;)

Joao, nice one, buddy. I like the straight brim.
Thanks!

Cheap grass today
Looks weird as it looks like the hatband is "downsizing" the hat.

This new arrival that I'll post more pictures of it in the new hats thread. It ended to be a surprise... if the seller would know where to search, the price would have gone sky high (and it had 28 bids!!).
20140603.jpg

20140603a.jpg

ingineer

One Too Many
SmoothSailer; distinctive.
Greg; My condolences.my father passed 6 months after my mother
You are a good son to help him in his grief.
Hatophile; very nice OR and shirt
New Jack; Perfect hat for Bergen County.
Joao, Like the Gus crease
Andy; Nice Borso , looks like plenty of brim I lived in Summit County in the 90's, Buckeyes don't tan they rust.
Not outside today , here is pic of me in Cuyahoga Falls back then.

Richard

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love the way you wear your hats Smoothsailor. They become a part of you.

NewJack. Looking good.

Tedquinton: Sorry for your loss. For the hat I'd contact Art and see what he says. It's too late now but probably one of the best things would have been to pat it with damp towels when the beer first was spilled and try to soak up as much of is as possible. If it's already dried and set in you might need to get it cleaned by a pro or give it a naptha bath if you're up to it.

Joao: The new hat is a good one for you. It's got a lot of personality and balances well with your beard.

For today: Worth and Worth cotton newsboy
IMG_4398.JPG

IMG_4384.JPG

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Allan, great hat as always. saved the photo again for future reference.
And thanks for the nice comments gentleman, I don't mind my hats turn into beaters , beaters might be a to strong word for them but they definitely get worn.
Joao, great new hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner