Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Some classy lids today, gents.

Mallory Milan for me this afternoon.
milan1_zps51062199.jpg

milan2_zpsac7e3519.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
'69 Cutlass? That is nice! Has a similar profile to a '69 Chevelle. I definitely like your hat, but I really like that car!

Thank ya, T! It's a '72 Cutlass. She's fun, work on it almost every chance I get. Shoot, I had the 455 v8 fully machined, got it back two weeks back, and my buddy and I dropped the engine in within 12 hours, then took it for a ride!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thank ya, T! It's a '72 Cutlass. She's fun, work on it almost every chance I get. Shoot, I had the 455 v8 fully machined, got it back two weeks back, and my buddy and I dropped the engine in within 12 hours, then took it for a ride!

I couldn't tell for sure from the distance and the angle. GM kept that similar body style from '68 through '72. In 1973 cars came out with those big ugly bumpers as a safety feature. 1972,imo, was the last year for the nice looking muscle cars. At different times, I owned a '66 Chevelle SS, a '68 Chevelle SS, two '69 Chevelles, both were Super Sports, and a '70 Chevelle SS. All those had 396s and Muncy 4 speeds behind them. I would like to have had a nice big block, something along the lines of your 455, only the Chevy equivalent to yours would have been a 454. I had a few cars with 350s that would have burnt up those 396s I had, especially a souped up '72 Nova SS I once owned. Anyway, your Cutlass is nice! I would love to have that car!

Harv, the Portis looks really nice. I like that one.

g.durand, I definitely like the way the crown is blocked on your Mallory.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Great portis, Harv.
The Mallory is also sublime, G.

Justin, I so envy those with auto skills. It's something that has fascinated me all my life but I've never had the time or knew the starting point to start learning. I was excited to change my oil for the first time last summer! Very cool that you can do that stuff.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, your hats are awesome, but your beard really makes the whole look!
A
Thank you. It probably is the first positive feedback I get from my beard. I wish I could do something with it as it looks a mess now.

Temperatures are rising again so light color again but it's a nice cold wind.
A Stagecoach that do not fly away for today.
20140708.jpg

Gromulus

Practically Family
Thank you. It probably is the first positive feedback I get from my beard. I wish I could do something with it as it looks a mess now.

20140708.jpg

I am fairly fussy about my beard as well (which unfortunately makes me less tolerant of those with straggly beards or people having them who really can't grow a decent one - which seems to be most men these days!).

I don't think your falls into either category and I think it suits you well! Some beard sites I frequent and find of value:

http://www.beards.org/

http://jefffsbeardboard.yuku.com/

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

Temperatures are rising again so light color again but it's a nice cold wind.
A Stagecoach that do not fly away for today.
20140708.jpg

With your beard you kinda remind me of this guy...

devlanse.jpg

Devil Anse Hatfield...he was a very interesting character from American history. My wife's family are directly related to him.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I am fairly fussy about my beard as well (which unfortunately makes me less tolerant of those with straggly beards or people having them who really can't grow a decent one - which seems to be most men these days!).

I don't think your falls into either category and I think it suits you well! Some beard sites I frequent and find of value:

http://www.beards.org/

http://jefffsbeardboard.yuku.com/
Thank you. Will check those sites.

With your beard you kinda remind me of this guy...
[...]
Devil Anse Hatfield...he was a very interesting character from American history. My wife's family are directly related to him.
Now, there is something unexpectect!

Wow! Definitely an interesting bio. And 13 kids! Joao, the beard and hat do looks nice-- and go great together.
Thank you!

Joao, that is one of my favorite hat band and edge binding combo. Spectacular!
Thank you. I too do like it because it looks different.

Checking in for the first time in a few days. While re-surfacing the street in front of my house the FIOS "light pipe" was erroneously removed, taking my phone, TV, and Fedora Lounge connection...
I am now BACK to report in!
My summer GO-TO hat has turned out to be a VS Milan. I just like the fit and look.

Unkei

New in Town
Himself!

imagejpg1_zps52a1f6d9.jpg

This one is me wearing an Indy Style Fedora! Unfortunately, all that's visible is the brim!
Cheers,
Unkei

Last edited:

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
1972,imo, was the last year for the nice looking muscle cars.

I disagree, they didn't screw up the Firebird until '74, and the Javelin made it another year or two. Then, the Firebird came back for a couple of years, in '77 and '78.

So many places on my face where the hair just won't grow and it should. And, I despise shaving my chin. I try to keep what I can grow trimmed into a proper triangular Victorian Van Dyke. Kind of Benton Quest style.

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Harv, that ribbon is just AWESOME!

Joao, I really like the brim treatment on that winner!

Robert, the hat and glasses are a perfect pair!

Charlie, welcome back! Looking as good as ever!

Uneki, I like it!

AnA, thank you my friend! It has definately been a favorite these past few days.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes Gentlemen!

Harv the western look works! What a great lid!!

That is one perfect topper, Justin. Watching your collection and knowledge grow over the past couple of years has been terrific, sir!

Welcome aboard, Unkei.

Still grabbing the VS Milan, we're out and about...

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Harv, nice looking old Stetson. It fits you great!

Unkei, great selfi!

Charlie, good to see you, yes that is a great Summer hat!

Robert, looking good your Dobbs, a nice one!

Joao, killer hat that Stagecoach!

Michael, on my wish list so a nice Mallory Milan!

Jeff, I thank you my friend. The hat in my Avatar is on of the latest production
of the manufacturer Rockel, Rockel has closed forever his doors, it's a hairy Melone with a fabric sweatband. I love it!

Sam, great Capricon, I guess he is a good to wear!

Circuit, nice Bailey, looks sharp on you!

Steve, wonderful Boater for the summer, sharp my friend!

Tommy, good looking Penny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt