Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1!
Also +1 on Brown (and tan) derbies.

I dressed extra casually today (and most days) so I needed something taut to balance it out. The stingy resistol homburg with backbow was perfect for the job.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Jeff, that is a really cool Homburg! Very different!
Borsalino Alessandria today.

86a736df8eb18de9136af7252599dccb.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Mystic, the brown derby rocks - love it! Reminds me of the Hollywood restaurant by that name (which is now a mini-mall).

Alan, thanks for painting some color today!

Jeff, I agree, the stingy gray homburg fits really well with a gray T-shirt. It's amazing how hats can to so many looks and moods!

Harv, great Alessandria! More Fall colors! You wear it really well!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mystic

Practically Family
Another round of great looking hats and photos today, guys.

Thanks for the comments on the Brown Derby.

I was going for the "Little old man bruiser" look. Voting ran smoothly on my watch. Only one incident between a squirrel and a cat. I broke it up and restored the peace. :)

GregNYC

One Too Many
Perry, I like the generous fedora-ized shape of that Open Road. Is it accompanied by a Pendleton?

Greg, it looks good rain or shine. I think a Brinks truck could run over it and it would still look stellar.

888, that is a crispy Open Road. Looks great with the glasses. Are they vintage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Thank you all for the comments on my westerns.
I also love the Panda.

Today I started with this wooly thinking it would be raining but it was not.
20141104.jpg

By lunch time I switched to this "silver" Stagecoach thinking it wouldn't rain...
20141104b.jpg

...but I was wrong.
20141104c.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Hrav very interesting colour your Borsalino.
Joao you are the best western player in the west Europe
It is raining form the night, very hard
I wear a Beaver Brand American Legend, but it is too wet and rainy to be take pictures, so in a pause of rain I wear this new enter.
Borsalino Savona trilby
View attachment 19830
This is the background. North West part of Verona outside the walls
View attachment 19833
It is part of a bunch of Borsalinos I bought in these weeks. This is its first time on my head.
It was ready to wear on the seat of my car
View attachment 19831
The rain start again so the photos were taken in hurry. It is unlined, very soft and pliable and colour is perfect for the day.
View attachment 19832
More Borsalino in the next weeks!

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks, Harv!

Daniele, I like the look of that Borsalino, not brand new but comfortably used. Nice!

Joao, the Stagecoach doesn't have wire in the brim, does it? I've seen some videos on Western hats for rodeos and musicians, etc., and it seems that the George Strait brim uses wire. Do the better Westerns lack wire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Yes Greg the Borsalino is gently worn. It came with others that needs more work than a brush and some light steam to be in order to go on the head.
I'm thinking how to proceed with part of the lot, some are interesting, others are really outstanding.
To buy used Borsalino in Italy is a weird beast that sometimes have some unbeliebvable reaction.
I have a collection of funny stories about vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80